Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

Rajiv Jha

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
THANKS A LOT DEKCREATE ....i was so distressed that i cant explain ...i just didnt want to reset my phone hopefully i read your suggestion...thanks a lot dear:p:p:p:p

smoney1

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi please help me i have a samsung s4 that is not connecting to internet /running very slow which is very odd as i have unlimited data on my plan ..

i keep seeing error timed out or no internet connection on many apps such as internet snapchat most off the daily apps i use ?? ive now factory reset the device also .. i tried to install es file explorer to do root explorer on the device but wont let me either keeps saying test failed feature cant run on device ?? please please help me resolve this problem as my network providers are not the best and dont seem to be helping with this issue ...

thank you
:):)

ruthebless1007

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
here's how i resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my samsung galaxy android

i went to settings - clicked on wi-fi - chose the network i wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - i chose modify network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - i clicked on it and under proxy settings i clicked on none - i clicked save

i'm not having any issues connecting now.

Hope that helps
this is how to fix the problem... Follow instructions above.. This is how i fix my note.. You have to keep doing this each time you connect to wifi...

Afis Arex

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I've problem with proxy, please help

I connect through my college wifi which using proxy + username and password, but some apps like BBM, DISCORD, and many games can't connect to internet, how di i solve this problem?

0blina

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
BEAUTIFUL!!! I have been working on trying to re-gain access to my wi-fi ever since I downloaded some "anti virus" app that was free but from a large official company. Thinking this was to get me to buy the full paid version. Anyhow, I no longer get the proxy error message for all my saved wi-fi spots. THANKS! After two weeks I was about to do a factory reset but glad I didn't give up on fixing it myself before such drastic measures. :D

Abubakar_khan

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Here's how I resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my Samsung Galaxy Android

I went to settings - clicked on Wi-Fi - chose the network I wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - I chose Modify Network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - I clicked on it and under Proxy Settings I clicked on None - I clicked Save

I'm not having any issues connecting now.

Hope that helps

Thanks!! its working perfectly now!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadmstr

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I tried that and it works temporarily and thrn the proxy setting goes back to manual even though I specified none and saved.

Here's how I resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my Samsung Galaxy Android

I went to settings - clicked on Wi-Fi - chose the network I wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - I chose Modify Network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - I clicked on it and under Proxy Settings I clicked on None - I clicked Save

Hope that helps

kelliewalton

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
my phone wont connect to internet I did like someone on here said and changed proxy to none but it reverts right back oh god turned it off and turned back on it went to factory settings

dolphina82

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much, that did it. I was having this issue for a long time and couldn't find the answer and this sure fixed it. I'm not having anymore issues :D Thank you lots, this is sooooo much better!! :)

Jackal187

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site

Hope that helps

You are a genious. I just got a new router/modem and my wifi wasnt working properly with my phone, however you fixed it. Thank you.

Dream Chaser

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Thank you very much. You really saved my day. I was worried as nothing worked that I tried and the only option left was factory reset. But you gave an awesome short solution. Now everything working as fine as new.

Kritos

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site

Hope that helps

Worked on my Galaxy Tab A 2016 SM-T280 W/ Lolipop 5.1.1. I had initially system-less rooted my tablet with TWRP, and then for some reason my tablet restarted itself while I was working in SD card partition editor in apps2sd. That's when the problems started: I lost root and had WiFi connection problems just like everyone else and I tried everything including messing with the dns and proxy settings. I read your reply and I was like "This will never work, I already did this!" I did exactly that and it worked...I did not know what to say...thank you for youthe reply! Hope this helps someone and revives this thread!

Last edited:

Dashiva

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found out how to resolve this without removing the proxy?
It's not like the proxy is the problem, I still do have internet with it, and my proxy is there for a reason. My old Sony Xperia worked fine with the proxy.
Is it just that Samsungs/S4's don't properly support proxies? Is this a known bug? Getting close to new phone time again, and this will help me decide.