08-16-2017 07:48 PM
37 12
tools
    Thanks. That worked for me, too.
    07-09-2016 06:46 PM
    BEAUTIFUL!!! I have been working on trying to re-gain access to my wi-fi ever since I downloaded some "anti virus" app that was free but from a large official company. Thinking this was to get me to buy the full paid version. Anyhow, I no longer get the proxy error message for all my saved wi-fi spots. THANKS! After two weeks I was about to do a factory reset but glad I didn't give up on fixing it myself before such drastic measures.
    07-15-2016 09:50 PM
    thank you a lot ....................... thats works
    08-29-2016 07:55 AM
    Here's how I resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my Samsung Galaxy Android

I went to settings - clicked on Wi-Fi - chose the network I wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - I chose Modify Network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - I clicked on it and under Proxy Settings I clicked on None - I clicked Save

I'm not having any issues connecting now.

Hope that helps
    Thanks!! its working perfectly now!!
    09-05-2016 07:33 AM
    I tried that and it works temporarily and thrn the proxy setting goes back to manual even though I specified none and saved.

Here's how I resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my Samsung Galaxy Android

I went to settings - clicked on Wi-Fi - chose the network I wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - I chose Modify Network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - I clicked on it and under Proxy Settings I clicked on None - I clicked Save

Hope that helps
    Dream Chaser likes this.
    11-01-2016 10:18 PM
    my phone wont connect to internet I did like someone on here said and changed proxy to none but it reverts right back oh god turned it off and turned back on it went to factory settings
    11-14-2016 02:07 AM
    Thank you so much, that did it. I was having this issue for a long time and couldn't find the answer and this sure fixed it. I'm not having anymore issues Thank you lots, this is sooooo much better!!
    11-28-2016 01:39 AM

Hope that helps
    You are a genious. I just got a new router/modem and my wifi wasnt working properly with my phone, however you fixed it. Thank you.
    12-24-2016 02:41 AM
    Thank you very much. You really saved my day. I was worried as nothing worked that I tried and the only option left was factory reset. But you gave an awesome short solution. Now everything working as fine as new.
    02-24-2017 07:28 AM
    I had issues with some apps not working properly when I am on mobile data.
    For my service provider leaving Proxy and Port blank on the active access point worked fine.

I hope this helps.
    04-28-2017 10:57 PM

Hope that helps
    Worked on my Galaxy Tab A 2016 SM-T280 W/ Lolipop 5.1.1. I had initially system-less rooted my tablet with TWRP, and then for some reason my tablet restarted itself while I was working in SD card partition editor in apps2sd. That's when the problems started: I lost root and had WiFi connection problems just like everyone else and I tried everything including messing with the dns and proxy settings. I read your reply and I was like "This will never work, I already did this!" I did exactly that and it worked...I did not know what to say...thank you for youthe reply! Hope this helps someone and revives this thread!
    07-14-2017 06:23 AM
    Has anyone found out how to resolve this without removing the proxy?
    It's not like the proxy is the problem, I still do have internet with it, and my proxy is there for a reason. My old Sony Xperia worked fine with the proxy.
    Is it just that Samsungs/S4's don't properly support proxies? Is this a known bug? Getting close to new phone time again, and this will help me decide.
    08-16-2017 07:48 PM
37 12