S4 screen problem

chris lomas

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Good morning all. Advice needed if anyone could help.

My wife S4's screen fails to work. The phone rings and seem to be fully functional otherwise but not the screen. Now as there is a crack on the Screen the operator wont touch it as it voids warrenty.

Now shes been told its the motherboard. Im an avionic and electronic technician so i would doubt that from my experience . Any ideas on what it could be and how I could go by fixing it?

Thanks, in advance

Chris

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good morning all. Advice needed if anyone could help.

My wife S4's screen fails to work. The phone rings and seem to be fully functional otherwise but not the screen. Now as there is a crack on the Screen the operator wont touch it as it voids warrenty.

Now shes been told its the motherboard. Im an avionic and electronic technician so i would doubt that from my experience . Any ideas on what it could be and how I could go by fixing it?

Thanks, in advance

Chris
If there is a crack on the screen the issue is likely a broken digitizer and the screen is not recognizing touch. Where did you purchase the device and what carrier do you have the device on? If the carrier won't repair it, then consider sending it to Samsung for repair - you can try yourself if you are up to it. That's what I believe to be the issue, as opposed to the "motherboard".