Rooted but no Root access.

Timothy Farrell

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys so I just got my S4 last night after I got home from work around 12PM, and I decided to root. I was using MotoChopper which worked perfectually. Everything ran through with no problem and rebooted right back up too. However, when I click on the SU app to check my root access it tells me " The superuser binary (su) must be updated. "Please choose an installation method. Recovery mode installation is recommended for all HTC devices." So I go and click install and now its telling me; There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer. Can someone help me ASAP on this? Thanks Guys!!

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to use the recovery method? I think that only works if you have a custom recovery installed, which you probably don't.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can install a custom recovery on a Verizon GS4 yet, or if so, it's fairly recent. But I don't think you need one to update SuperSU binaries.

My GS4 is rooted, and when I first opened SuperSU, I was prompted to update binaries, and was offered two methods. I can't remember exactly, and can't seem to find a way to REupdate binaries to check, but the two ways were something like "regular" and "through recovery", with a suggestion that recovery would work better on HTC phones. Given that this *wasn't* an HTC phone, I chose the other method, and it worked ok. I don't have a custom recovery installed at this time.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but that's all I remember.

Timothy Farrell

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Well I flashed my Kernal now I'm on 423399. But when I go and use motochopper I get this; Deamon not running. Starting it now on port 5037. Deacon started successfully* and all I get Street that is just a bar right under neath. What do I do to make it work? I work part a photo but I don't know how yet on my Samsung Galaxy S4 lol

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
The bit about "Daemon not running" is normal. Can't quite understand what you're seeing after that; your sentence didn't quite parse for me.

There's a good video here which shows the process happening in great detail. I watched it before I rooted, and everything was exactly as shown in the video when I did it. Maybe watching it will help you?

And come to thing of it, now I'm really confused. Are you starting from scratch? You shouldn't even HAVE SuperSU before you run motochopper.

Timothy Farrell

May 23, 2013
Visit site
The bit about "Daemon not running" is normal. Can't quite understand what you're seeing after that; your sentence didn't quite parse for me.

There's a good video here which shows the process happening in great detail. I watched it before I rooted, and everything was exactly as shown in the video when I did it. Maybe watching it will help you?

And come to thing of it, now I'm really confused. Are you starting from scratch? You shouldn't even HAVE SuperSU before you run motochopper.

Well I got the root working.. Now I want to install roms. I haven't done this in years and so much have changed... what tutorials are good to follow?

Cadence Kirby

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I got the root working.. Now I want to install roms. I haven't done this in years and so much have changed... what tutorials are good to follow?

hi there, im having the same issue as your first post, i enables usb debugging, installed drivers for my S4, used Motochopper on Windows 8, everything went fine, then I located superuser and said i need to install it but I got the same errors as you. Can you explain to me how you got it working please, much appreciated, thanks

Cadence Kirby

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys so I just got my S4 last night after I got home from work around 12PM, and I decided to root. I was using MotoChopper which worked perfectually. Everything ran through with no problem and rebooted right back up too. However, when I click on the SU app to check my root access it tells me " The superuser binary (su) must be updated. "Please choose an installation method. Recovery mode installation is recommended for all HTC devices." So I go and click install and now its telling me; There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer. Can someone help me ASAP on this? Thanks Guys!!

hi there, im having the same issue as you, i enabled usb debugging, installed drivers for my S4 on my PC, used Motochopper on Windows 8, everything went fine, then I located superuser on my S4 and said i need to install it but I got the same errors as you. Can you explain to me how you got it working please, much appreciated, thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89