Galaxy S4: Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue After An Attempt To Revert Back to Stock TouchWiz

mstammyt

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue After An Attempt To Revert Back to Stock TouchWiz

I too am have a terrible time.. Please Help?
My Sprint S4 is getting same error..

Firmware upgrade encountered
an issue. Please select
recovery mode in Kies & try again.

My upper left corner says
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L720
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRENTY VOID: 0X0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0X30
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
eMMC BURST MODE: enabaled

Heres my Odin Failure
Odin.jpg

mstammyt

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Please Help..

I'm also having a terrible time.. with my Sprint S4 SPH-L720
Im getting the error...
Firmware upgrade encountered
an issue. Please select
recovery mode in Kies & try again.

Keys does not recognize my S/N

In the upper left corner of firmware encountered issue screen it says..
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L720
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0X30
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
eMMC BURST MODE: enabled

Here is a pic of the Odin Failure
Odin.jpg

premtimk

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
For those who cant get their phone to work. You just have to upgrade your phone for example the stock rom was 4.4.2 like my case it was i had to upgrade to cm 12 5.0.2 . so you have to use odin to install clockwork or twrp than just put cm12 to sd card and flash it. And its done. But i wana now if ther is a chance to get back to stock 4.4.2. I have a s4 9500

Posted via the Android Central App

kehawes

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am having the same issue with my Verizon variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 MW2: SCHI545ZKU and S/W Ver I545VRUAMDK... where I'm stuck is nearly identical to what's posted.

I've tried all of the other suggestions: Odin (download mode to flash "VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.zip" and "SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5.gz"), Kies (recovery mode - but my phone has yet to actually "connect")... I even tried the "USB jug" which only gets me to the download mode page (which I can get to using the buttons on my phone).

When I go to recovery mode, using the phone's Vol-Up, Pwr, Home combination, I am stuck at the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" (with "Odin Mode") at the top, in red font) message on the phone.

The USB driver is installed and appears to be working (shows up in Device Manager and talks with Odin).

I get to "FAIL" in Odin... no matter what I try.

My phone's download-mode screen now shows:

(red font) odin mode
(white font) product name: SCH-I545
(white font) Current Binary: Samsung Official
(white font) System status: Custom
(white font) Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
(white font) Knox warranty void: 0x0
(white font) csb-config-lsb: 0x30
(gray font) write protection: enable
(gray font) eMMC Burst mode: enabled
(red font) start (224,1440)
(red font) Sv rev. check fail: fused : 5, Binary : 1

I hope Maelstrom728 replies to your thread, with what worked! Just adding to your thread, to get notified if there is a post/reply added. :)

Thanks in advance!

kehawes

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue After An Attempt To Revert Back to Stock TouchWiz

Hi,

What exactly did you do, to get your phone to work? I am in the same (broken) boat.

Thanks in advance!

Mohamed Ajjaji

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

Hello, I have a problem in the phone Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 you pass firmwares ANDROID 4.4.2 phone did not work.
Now, when I turn on the phone is enter recovery mode directly.
Before, it was in system Android 4.2.2
androidpit-samsung-galaxy-s4-cache-5.jpg
Is there a solution to the problem ??? !!!

Mohamed Ajjaji

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

Hello, I have a problem in the phone Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 you pass firmwares ANDROID 4.4.2 phone did not work.
Now, when I turn on the phone is enter recovery mode directly.
Before, it was in system Android 4.2.2
androidpit-samsung-galaxy-s4-cache-5.jpg
Is there a solution to the problem ??? !!!

kehawes

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am having the same issue with my Verizon variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 MW2: SCHI545ZKU and S/W Ver I545VRUAMDK... where I'm stuck is nearly identical to what's posted.

I've tried all of the other suggestions: Odin (download mode to flash "VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.zip" and "SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5.gz"), Kies (recovery mode - but my phone has yet to actually "connect")... I even tried the "USB jug" which only gets me to the download mode page (which I can get to using the buttons on my phone).

When I go to recovery mode, using the phone's Vol-Up, Pwr, Home combination, I am stuck at the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" (with "Odin Mode") at the top, in red font) message on the phone.

The USB driver is installed and appears to be working (shows up in Device Manager and talks with Odin).

I get to "FAIL" in Odin... no matter what I try.

My phone's download-mode screen now shows:

(red font) odin mode
(white font) product name: SCH-I545
(white font) Current Binary: Samsung Official
(white font) System status: Custom
(white font) Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
(white font) Knox warranty void: 0x0
(white font) csb-config-lsb: 0x30
(gray font) write protection: enable
(gray font) eMMC Burst mode: enabled
(red font) start (224,1440)
(red font) Sv rev. check fail: fused : 5, Binary : 1

I hope Maelstrom728 replies to your thread, with what worked! Just adding to your thread, to get notified if there is a post/reply added.

Thanks in advance!

Update: 2015-04-01 (no, this is not an April Fool's Day joke)

A friend from work fixed my phone with the following:

Odin:
http(colon)//www(dot)android(dot)gs/download-odin-3-09/

Image:
https(colon)//www(dot)androidfilehost(dot)com/?fid=23203820527944861
download and unzip

Root Software:
http(colon)//forums(dot)androidcentral(dot)com/samsung-galaxy-s4-rooting-roms-hacks/469948-guide-how-root-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4-sgh-i545-kingo-android-root(dot)html

He had used the latest version of Odin (3.9) where I had used an older version of Odin (3.7). He also pointed out how some USB cables are better than others; that may have contributed to the "Failed" upload, via Odin (maybe even the failure for Kies to talk to my phone, at all!) I haven't tested this out, now that my phone is working again (to see if Kies will talk to my phone, using a different USB cable). I'm just happy that it is working again (and rooted)!

NOTE:
He also used a different factory image restore file (SCH-I545_VZW_1_20131023084910_v4vth34m5z_fac.zip), where I used what I thought to be the one specifically for mine (SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5.gz) because the box it came in had "S/W ver: I545VRUAMDK". Since I didn't get this far (it failed to load) I do not know if this package would have worked or not but the one that's installed is, so far working fine..

blytzr

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I Know that if you take your phone into Best Buy to the Samsung counter they should be able to reflash your phone to working status.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87