Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 turns off automatically after root

Raoul7

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

A few days ago I decided to root my galaxy S4 GT-I9505 after I was very sceptical about rooting, because I ruined my first phone that way.
After rooting my S4, I did notice it stucks in some things and worse, the phone does turn itself off sometimes, when I'm calling someone for more than 1 minute for example.
So after rooting my phone got only working worse than it was before.
What would you suggest me to do? Just unroot or install some custom ROMS?

Hopefully someone can help me and give me some advice.

Thanks in forward,
Raoul

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

A few days ago I decided to root my galaxy S4 GT-I9505 after I was very sceptical about rooting, because I ruined my first phone that way.
After rooting my S4, I did notice it stucks in some things and worse, the phone does turn itself off sometimes, when I'm calling someone for more than 1 minute for example.
So after rooting my phone got only working worse than it was before.
What would you suggest me to do? Just unroot or install some custom ROMS?

Hopefully someone can help me and give me some advice.

Thanks in forward,
Raoul
Welcome to the forums!

Have you performed a factory reset since rooting to see if that clears up your issues? If not, do it (backup beforehand) and see if that helps. Otherwise, installing custom ROMs does help fix issues that the stock ROM may have. If you decide to ever do that, be sure to make a backup of your current ROM through recovery to have a safe restore if needed.

Raoul7

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for you answer.
I will first try another factory reset, already tried one.
If that won't work, I will install a custom rom. Where can I find these and which one would you suggest?

Thanks

Raoul

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I like Danvdh rom (Google play edition rom) on XDA. I'm currently running cyanogenmod 11 m9 and it's pretty solid too

Posted via Android Central App

Raoul7

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your answer.
So you would suggest that rom? What are the advantages of this rom compared to the stock samsung rom?
Whats the difference between a rom and cyanogenmod for example? Is cyanogenmod comparable to samsungs touchwiz?

Thanks
Raoul

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Have a look on YouTube for videos and walk through of said roms. Gpe Rom is nothing like Samsung s crapware. So much cleaner and lighter. Cyanogenmod is also pretty much like the gpe Rom too

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
There are a few others that I have yet to try like carbon rom and paranoid android rom all based on google edition rom I believe just customisable in different ways