Galaxy S4 SPH-L720T on sprint. lost operating system "complete n00b"

onkochishin

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Ok its gonna a long tough one lol

I live in England as well as Chicago and the GF decided to buy me a freedom pop S4. The reason, I get new phone instead of my cracked screen htcm8 , I have a usa cell number when there which has basic but free stuff blah blah.

I get back to england and whoops my sprint S4 doesnt work. I google and get it really needs to be rooted.

I get into teamwin and press stuff ( lol really, i pressed stuff ) after thinking that i could then reinstall.

no i have no operating system, the phone doesnt seem to charge, i cant switch it on, im sure you know the rest?

I am looking to fix the phone so i can then use it in the UK as well as gert a sim for the states when i there.

I need help as i really dont have a clue what im doing except busting my phone and about to get slapped by the GF.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I get back to england and whoops my sprint S4 doesnt work. I google and get it really needs to be rooted.
It has CDMA hardware - England uses GSM. Rooting it won't change anything, the connection to the network doesn't require root. (You need a phone that can do both CDMA and GSM, or you need a GSM phone that can do both Europe and North America. Europe and North America use different standards, frequencies, etc.

I get into teamwin and press stuff ( lol really, i pressed stuff ) after thinking that i could then reinstall.

no i have no operating system, the phone doesnt seem to charge, i cant switch it on, im sure you know the rest?

I am looking to fix the phone so i can then use it in the UK as well as gert a sim for the states when i there.

I need help as i really dont have a clue what im doing except busting my phone and about to get slapped by the GF.
Even putting the phone back to its original condition won't allow it to connect to the network in England - it has the wrong hardware. Flash the proper operating system to it (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN) and at least it'll operate on Sprint again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non