Please help with my s4 gt i9500

Horus Acosta

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi i had a problem with my S4 i was trying to unroot and after reboot it got stuck on load screen, i had android 5.0.1 previously installed, try to factory reset from recovery boot and the problem persist.
after that i downloaded the factory rom (4.3) for my country (Venezuela movistar)since that is the only version i could find but when i try to install using ODIN it fails, (check fail device 3 binary 2) i have read that you cant downgrade your device but since i cant find the rom what can i do? please help.

fede01_8

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a software problem. I installed a 5.1.1 ROM and the random reboot is gone. Also a 6.0.1 ROM called Resurrection Remix gave me no problems. Look them up on the XDA forum

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi i had a problem with my S4 i was trying to unroot and after reboot it got stuck on load screen, i had android 5.0.1 previously installed, try to factory reset from recovery boot and the problem persist.
after that i downloaded the factory rom (4.3) for my country (Venezuela movistar)since that is the only version i could find but when i try to install using ODIN it fails, (check fail device 3 binary 2) i have read that you cant downgrade your device but since i cant find the rom what can i do? please help.

A Factory Reset will not unroot your S4, the only thing a Reset does is wipe the /data partition (where you personal data is stored), it does nothing to the protected system partitions (where your OS resides). A phone that's rooted before a Factory Reset will remain rooted as the rooting process affects the operating system. So yes at this point, you do need to flash a stock ROM to get your phone back to being un-rooted.

Regarding your problems with re-flashing a stock ROM, that error message might indicate a ROM issue. Where did you download that ROM from? Here are a couple of sites with S4 - Venezuela (Moviestar) ROMs. Both updato and sammobile are reputable Samsung stock ROM sources, and both verify their ROMs as legitimate. So you might want to think about re-downloading a new ROM:
Download Firmware – Samsung Update
or
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9500/VMT/

Also, which version of Odin are you using? If it's the latest one (3.12.5) try using v3.09 (recommended for Jelly Bean). Newer versions of Odin tend to have issues with older hardware. Download it from here:
Download Odin (All Versions) for Samsung Galaxy Devices
-- If you have Kies also installed, you might want to uninstall it (leaving the installed Samsung drivers as is since you need those to mount your S4) or at least make sure it's disabled and not running. Some people report that Kies and Odin conflict with each other.
-- If you're plugging your S4 into a USB hub instead of one of your PC's USB ports, try plugging it directly into your PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non