Wolfson audio chip

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
If there's one thing I want in the S4, it's a Wolfson audio chip. That paired with the removable storage is a clear winner as a phone that doubles as an MP3 device. I'm just wondering if that will be possible with the Snapdragon 600. The HTC One which has the same exact processor is claiming to have unbelievable sound, but they also said that with the One X which had horrible audio quality in my opinion. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew if Samsung could still pair the Wolfson with the Snapdragon or if that's only possible with their Exynos processors. I have low hopes because the S3 US variants with the Snapdragon S4 processor didn't have Wolfson chips.

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a guy at TI and he said they are proxucing the sterwo chip for the s4. Also says they are expecting to ship 10 million phones per month!

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I talked to a guy at TI and he said they are proxucing the sterwo chip for the s4. Also says they are expecting to ship 10 million phones per month!

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

How should this chip stack up against the Wolfson or whatever Qualcomm is using in their latest processors? I've found my Nexus 4 to have extremely acceptable audio quality which is a huge improvement over the sound quality in my One X which has an older Qualcomm processor. If the S4 does have a Qualcomm processor and sounds as good as my Nexus 4, I won't complain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez