Who else thought the Samsung Unpacked Live Event was awkward???

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The jokes were so stupid and not funny, and it was pretty embarrassing

The phone itself?...AMAZING...I think its the best phone so far!
So many features, its no longer a basic phone...its the phone of the future

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The jokes were so stupid and not funny, and it was pretty embarrassing

The phone itself?...AMAZING...I think its the best phone so far!
So many features, its no longer a basic phone...its the phone of the future

They were making fun of themselves the entire time what with people being multiple characters and recognizing just how ridiculous the situations were. I thought it was sort of clever. Much better than the strangely morose videos played during last year's S3 event.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Corny marketing.

I thought it was weird.

But I'm sure it won't hurt sales of the Galaxy S4.

Italiannyc

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty entertained by it.. Then again, I live in NYC and am used to broadway show type productions.. I liked it better then just it being some normal little reveal. That was the first time I ever watched a presser and was entertained by the people talking.

captain_tinker

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow, seriously? Stupid? Embarrassing? Weird? Did you see the same event I did? I think it was very well put together, and it was a fitting presentation considering the location. Compare it to the stodgy and boring presentations done by the beatnik Steve Jobs in his boring black turtleneck, or even that most recent one done by Blackberry? When you think about it, in its own unique way, it illustrated each and every feature in the way that you would most likely use it. Besides, it was funny, and that boy can dance!

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
It was incredibly cheesy and cringe worthy at times, but overall I liked it. As I said in another thread, it was great at showing and demonstrating the features in real life settings. No one has ever done that before, so you have give Samsung props on that. Maybe next year they should tone it down a bit, or hire a better director and writer.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I watched it at a friends place (he recorded it), I thought it was entertaining. Something different at least.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It was filled with cheese but it was also effective considering the venue. Personally, I thought the whole event was way too extravagant and boisterous for a phone launch. Perhaps that's the image Samsung wants to convey as far as their brand is concerned.

slpaige

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I watched some of the recorded event this morning. The parts that I did watch I found somewhat boring. I was more interested in hearing the details on hardware though. The other stuff was filler to me and I skipped through most of it.

dlinares90

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Compare it to the stodgy and boring presentations done by the beatnik Steve Jobs in his boring black turtleneck, or even that most recent one done by Blackberry?

Boring presentations by Steve Jobs? He's the reason why the launch of big tech products from other companies have their own dedicated events! I guess you've never seen the launch of the iPod and/or iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Android fan - but I think Apple does a much better job with their product launch events than Samsung.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
The audience was the worst part. I don't think the crowd knew how to laugh or applaud. I think that added to the awkwardness a lot. That said, the jokes were corny and the scenarios were fake, as admitted by the host in some sort of attempt to be clever. That said, big event, prime seats, get into it a little. I turned it off after all the specs and new features were announced. lol

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it was a little odd yes, but considering the venue it was pretty fitting.

Some of the situations may have been over exaggerated but i think it was a good way to show off the phone.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I found the event boring and cheesy. I'm a fan of Broadway, plays and musicals and I didn't think that what they did with the venue added anything to explaining or detailing the phone. Lots of new features but the same old boring form and plastic. Up to now I was getting excited about moving up from my S3, but after last night - not so much.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It was so incredibly cheesy and corny.. It was hard to watch.. I was pretty much cringing the whole time. Fell sorry for the "actors" on stage.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It was so incredibly cheesy and corny.. It was hard to watch.. I was pretty much cringing the whole time. Fell sorry for the "actors" on stage.

The actors were getting paid so I don't feel sorry for them. It's what they do.