This is why I think the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: This is why the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

Htc one is currently the best Dual core smartphone. It has so many pros compared to Galaxy S4. Like faster processor, Better processor, better performence, Sharper Display, Aluminium unibody, very slick design, Straight ICS out of the box, better camera, better video recording.
Galaxy S4 has a little number of pros. Like expandable memory. But I personaly think Htc One is better than Galaxy S4.

One place for all latest Technology News and updates - TechnoBar

How did you get the S4?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

It is just you. If anything they've been biased AGAINST apple since they blackballed gizmodo from their press events for life. This is also the same gizmodo that posted at least two dozen stories about antennagate in the span of a week to try and force a story out of it, and routinely posts things that bash various apple products or software for no reason.

I also find it interesting that the only ones that claim Apple bias from a variety of media sources are android fans. Its like they have a chip on their shoulder or an inferiority complex.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Are u kidding? They should change their name to GizApple or iGizmodo, read any of their apple posts and read anything about samsung they post

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Are u kidding? They should change their name to GizApple or iGizmodo, read any of their apple posts and read anything about samsung they post

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

I have. But then again, I'm not a Samsung fanboy so I don't see bias where none exists.

Mark Long

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I have the s4 while my wife has the One. Trust me, the s4 is the better phone. The Super Amoled screen offers a better display than the lcd3 on the htc. Battery life is quite a bit better on the s4 also. Also, all those features you said dont work actuslly do work, perfectly, and I use all of them. The One is a nice phone from htc but it falls way short of the s4.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I have the s4 while my wife has the One. Trust me, the s4 is the better phone. The Super Amoled screen offers a better display than the lcd3 on the htc. Battery life is quite a bit better on the s4 also. Also, all those features you said dont work actuslly do work, perfectly, and I use all of them. The One is a nice phone from htc but it falls way short of the s4.

As a neutral observer I disagree with your assessment. The HTC has it's own strengths. Looking at both phones in a broader overall picture I see neither as being a clear winner over the other. To say either "falls way short" is a gross exaggeration.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)

Gretchen Cane

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I have compared both phones in direct sunlight and general bright conditions outdoors. The S4 is totally useless in direct light. The HTC's display is amazing even in bright light. In all other respects, they are worthy competitors. Both are great phones. But if outdoor use is important to the user, the HTC clearly is the better choice.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

@ Mark Long

I thought Samsung had to stop paying people to do what you just did?

My general rule of thumb is to beware of statements that begin with "trust me". Both phones are OK and about on par with each other. I don't give extreme favoritism viewpoints of either phone any credence

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Look...im not loyal to either Samsung or HTC. My first android phone was the HTC Inspire...great phone. My second android phone was the Galaxy S2....great phone. After reading reviews and holding both phones side by side and using them..I decided to go with the HTC One. That doesn't mean the S4 sucks...cause it doesn't...but people will generally say whatever they have to to validate their purchases to themselves.

Both are pretty awesome...each besting the other at various things.

These are the two most powerful smartphones on the planet right now...and I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either one.

HeavemyTreo

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

I have the S4 and I am really happy. If the HTC has no SD card and you can't replace the battery with a spare then that would be an absolute NO for me. I don't like the big super sized batteries, I carry a spare if I think I need it. No SD card? That is crazy, unless the HTC has 100gb (32gb S4 + 64gb SD = 96gb) of built in memory? I am getting more and more used to the cool gesture features, not sure about gimmicky when everything is usable?

The one big thing I am really impressed with is battery life, I had a S2 and it was not even close with S4.

HeavemyTreo

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Umm the HTC one is a quad core phone not dual core.
Bot phones use the same processor although the s4 is clocked at 1.9 instead of 1.7 on the one, both will come with JELLYBEAN out of the box. Not ICS. The s4 will come with 4.2.2 instead of 4.1.2 on the HTC one. I'm assuming you're trolling but all your points are way off..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for stating the facts, why would anyone want ICS? After getting JB on my S2 and then a newer version on my S4 JB makes ICS look like Win95 to Win7 or 8.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Galaxy S4 Pro Points over the HTC One
- Faster Processor ***
- MicroSD Card slot ***
- Better Camera
- WAY Better camera features (More close to a digital camera)
- Bigger Display
- LED Notifier ***
- Creative features (Dual Shot, Multi Phone Speaker, Air Touch Preview)
- Bigger Battery
- SwiftKey used for Stock Keyboard

HTC One Pro Points over Galaxy S4
- Design
- Better front facing camera
- Better stock UI

OVERALL WINNER: Samsung Galaxy S4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am ;)

You're totally right, but don't forget the camera on the one is better in low light

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SonSimon

May 7, 2013
Visit site

If you add the "support sd card" in the S4 pro points
Then you have to add the "32 giga" in the One pro points

If you want to compare the one with the S4 32 gigas
then you have to add the lot more expense price in the "against points" of the S4
and still you will have less limited availaible storage of the s4

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

The OP left out at least a couple of important points...

* Which phone (screeen) has better visability outdoors, and which phone has better sounding speakers?

I currently have the Galaxy S3 and am not at all impressed with it's screen when outdoors. Based on past experience, and comparing the HTC EVO LTE against the Samsung GS3, I suspect that the HTC One will probably exceed in that category. And based on current reviews, I suspect the HTC One speakers are far better than the S4

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I have compared both phones in direct sunlight and general bright conditions outdoors. The S4 is totally useless in direct light. The HTC's display is amazing even in bright light. In all other respects, they are worthy competitors. Both are great phones. But if outdoor use is important to the user, the HTC clearly is the better choice.

sadly true. I can't understand why they can't figure this problem out. It's really a bigger problem than most people care to admit.

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site

I have both and love them both. I have the 64 GB developer edition of the One and was very impressed with the phone when I received it. When I first got my hands on the GS4, I wasn't really impressed. After using it for a few days, it really grew on me. I can't explain why, but it's a better fit. Some of the features really don't work well (S-Translate is horrible compared to Google Translate), but the overall package is solid. I also prefer the way it fits in my hand and the lighter weight doesn't make me feel like I'm going to drop it when I shift it in my hand. That said, I don't like the glossy, slick coating on the plastic.

In low light photography, the One wins. In overall detail, especially zoomed, the GS4 wins. The GS4 lags in places, whereas the One is buttery smooth at all times. Battery is pretty close, but I find the GS4 to drain more when idle and last longer during heavy use.

People who insist that an SD card slot is necessary have issues. You can't install apps on external memory, so it's really only good for photos, music, and videos. You NEED internal storage and the GS4 16gb model really doesn't have enough. That said, I do like the option of the removable battery and the GS4 charges roughly twice as fast as the One. So, when I'm traveling, if I were to take the One, not only would I have to tether it to an external battery pack when it got low, I'd have to leave it that way for hours. I wish HTC had at least allowed the phone to charge faster. That's one thing Apple did right when they sealed the battery in the iPhone. With the GS4, you get the best of both worlds (replaceable and faster charging).

I'll probably go back and forth for a while, but I'm leaning toward the GS4 right now and I can't really explain why. I like the screen better on the GS4, too, and I didn't expect that.

D_Train_33

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

If you use your phone and take pictures but really videos you will want a sd card. 30 minute video is over 4gb. So do a few videos on the one and then see if you want one

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site

If you use your phone and take pictures but really videos you will want a sd card. 30 minute video is over 4gb. So do a few videos on the one and then see if you want one

My One is a 64 Gig Dev model, so I don't think that will be a problem.

One other difference I noticed between the two: You can pause video on the GS4 and resume, which is very nice. On the One, you can only stop and restart. Recorded audio seems to be louder on the GS4, too.