Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a few Spigen iPhone 5 frames in shops a few days back,. But you're right, the online shops don't mention warranty.

On Amazon Prime it says free shipping for Spigen products is only in the US? Or does Amazon have 2Day Free international shipping? Will it be valid in the 30 day trial?

Free shipping is only from Amazon Prime, right?
The Screen protector I've seen is from Spigen's site.

Damn you! Now I'm not sure whether to get the yellow or the silver :s
They both look good!
Any help, guys?

http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/.../a/galaxy_s4_neo_hybrid_reventon_yellow04.jpg

http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/...5/g/a/galaxy_s4_neo_hybrid_satin_silver04.jpg

The only part that concerns me about this case is how the camera is flush and I would be concerned about the camera lens getting scratched over time. Having a hard time selecting between Neo or ultra slim armor.

Oh and BTW, getting the black phone, have a white phone right now and I am just not liking it at all.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Best case I have seen so far is the S View Cover for galaxy s4
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81udTRkXldL._SL1500_.jpg

There is an overview here and on amazon
The Spot for Gadget Questions and Answers: What is the S View Cover?

I like it too, but at $75 you're better off buying the standard flip case. Paying an extra $25 just to see the time/weather through a cutout is a little too steep for me, especially when it takes less than seconds to move the flip and press the power button.

BarackOdrama

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I like it too, but at $75 you're better off buying the standard flip case. Paying an extra $25 just to see the time/weather through a cutout is a little too steep for me, especially when it takes less than seconds to move the flip and press the power button.
It's $60. And the upcharge is worth it to me. It auto-wakes the phone when opened which is convenient. Plus you can accept/reject calls, turn off alarms, switch to speakerphone, see what song's playing, see date/time, see missed calls & texts, and see you signal and battery status all without even flipping the thing open.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It's $60. And the upcharge is worth it to me. It auto-wakes the phone when opened which is convenient. Plus you can accept/reject calls, turn off alarms, switch to speakerphone, see what song's playing, see date/time, see missed calls & texts, and see you signal and battery status all without even flipping the thing open.

Galaxy S4: Prices & Release Date of Official Accessories | SamMobile

The Samsung official price is $70, and the original flips are $35. I was looking right at the prices when I typed it idk how in the world I got the $75/$25 figures though, I guess my numbers are off this morning. And that's great that it's worth it to you, but I'd rather just do all that by flipping open the case and saving $35.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would have considered the S4 Cover with window, IF, they had bothered to make it with a protector back case, that would have been worth it, but as a new battery door its not my thing.

Now as for the Spigen Neo vs Slim Armor,well I voted my choice last night with an order. I got the Neo Hybrid in Reventon Yellow w/ the free screen protectors and of course I ordered a spare pack of screen protectors which came with a free package as well. So now I will have (3) packages of screen protectors which works for me since I can never get them on dust free, usually takes at least 2 tries for me.

Here is the annoying part, I should have just used my PayPal account instead of PayPal debit card I have because I got the address verification failure and now my PayPal account has (2) charges of $51.23 one is competed and another is pending. I now have to wait days for the original charge to fall off and release the funds back to my account. Annoying, but I should have paid better attention.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I would have considered the S4 Cover with window, IF, they had bothered to make it with a protector back case, that would have been worth it, but as a new battery door its not my thing.

Now as for the Spigen Neo vs Slim Armor,well I voted my choice last night with an order. I got the Neo Hybrid in Reventon Yellow w/ the free screen protectors and of course I ordered a spare pack of screen protectors which came with a free package as well. So now I will have (3) packages of screen protectors which works for me since I can never get them on dust free, usually takes at least 2 tries for me.

Here is the annoying part, I should have just used my PayPal account instead of PayPal debit card I have because I got the address verification failure and now my PayPal account has (2) charges of $51.23 one is competed and another is pending. I now have to wait days for the original charge to fall off and release the funds back to my account. Annoying, but I should have paid better attention.

Have you ever had Spigen protectors before? I've used many different brands and Spigen have always been the easiest to apply. I usually dip them in soapy water, get the device layered with soapy water (not too much), put on the protector, and squeegee out all of the water to the side of the device so it doesn't get inside of the home button or speaker grill. Yeah, I know they're technically dry applies, but with that I've found some pretty good success. I've never had to throw a Spigen protector out due to a horrible installation like I have with other screen protectors, if that says anything.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever had Spigen protectors before? I've used many different brands and Spigen have always been the easiest to apply. I usually dip them in soapy water, get the device layered with soapy water (not too much), put on the protector, and squeegee out all of the water to the side of the device so it doesn't get inside of the home button or speaker grill. Yeah, I know they're technically dry applies, but with that I've found some pretty good success. I've never had to throw a Spigen protector out due to a horrible installation like I have with other screen protectors, if that says anything.

I have been using Spigen for years, before they became so popular and were called SGP Store. Great products, great support. I tend to get a bit OCD when it comes to application and if there is dust, its removed and trash bound. I will try your suggestion though, I hadn't considered trying them as a wet application and I have other sprays of Spigen's around that I can use.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have looked for a bunch of different wallet cases, but I have a lot of cards in my wallet, debit card for my work, several for personal accounts, paypal debit, drivers license, pistol permit, just tons of cards and I find my wallet has gotten too bulky, but none of the other wallet cases will accommodate my needs either. I just wish more places would move their rewards cards to some kind of digital method (Panera, Subway, etc.) so I didn't have to carry theirs with a magnetic strip on it.

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Well played bahaha!!

;)

But seriously, here:

TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane)
n.

1. A hybrid material - a mixture between hard plastic and soft silicone.
  2. A very dense and smooth rubber, made to slide in and out of the pocket, without attracting lint.
  3. вαdαѕѕ and extremely durable.
Source: What is a TPU Case, What is TPU, Best iPhone Case – cellhelmet

Any metal back covers? I don't like cases, but I did see some nice aluminum backplates for the GS3 and would like something similar for the GS4.

Silver UrbanShield

web_cy1180cxurb_urbanshield-silver-gs4_high_res.jpg

Silver Brushed Aluminium case for Samsung Galaxy S4 | Cygnett

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Best case I have seen so far is the S View Cover for galaxy s4
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81udTRkXldL._SL1500_.jpg

There is an overview here and on amazon
The Spot for Gadget Questions and Answers: What is the S View Cover?

But just like the original cover they have, when you make a call, you've got to bend that beyatch back. Looking at the pictures on Amazon, it doesn't appear the window area allows for unobstructed camera function - it seems the top of the window will line up right at the lens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45