Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone picked up one of the ifrogs (ZAGG) woodgrain cases at Sprint corporate store? Surf Series...

...or am I the only ***** that dropped $55 for one? (Discounted from the $69)!!

Beautiful case, lifetime warranty, but $69?

1367725614841_zps49c1656f.jpg

Sent from my Sprint GS4

Last edited:

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
We'll I must have done something right today, because my new Spigen Slim Armor case just arrived!! I got the white one to go with my white S4 and so far, I like it. Case fits like a glove and the oversize volume rocker, and power buttons are great. Nice and responsive with a tactile feel.I was worried as I was initially concerned if the back was rounded "Ala like the HTC One", but it's completely flat. The TPU rubber on the top and bottom is very dense and does not add any bulk at all. Case extends about a millimeter or two over the entire top so you can place it screen-side down with no worries. I don't use a screen protector but it comes with one, a cleaning cloth / LCD cleaner, a squeegee applicator, and 3 Jelly-Bean home buttons.The only thing I wish it had was some kind of texture on the sides, as I can see it could get slippery in the hands. But it's a high-gloss, almost automotive type finish that looks great and will slip in and out of my back pocket no problem. All ports are easily accessible and overall, Very high quality. Please excuse the crappy pics as I was taking them with my iPod one-handed. If anyone's on the fence on this case, I'd recommend going for it, as it's very nice.
-cheers

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    344 KB · Views: 127
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 128
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 125
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 118
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 119
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 110
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 112
  • photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 114
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 114

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Got this email earlier. Anyone else get it?

Thank you so much for your recent purchase of the Galaxy S4 Slim Armor! We are excited to introduce our new Slim Armor designed for the Samsung Galaxy S4.

Sometimes perfection requires a little more time and attention, and we want to deliver the perfect case for your device, so it is going to take us a little more of that time and attention to bring it in full force!

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, we know that you have been anticipating on receiving the case and we greatly appreciate you for deciding to stick with us!
We are expecting to begin shipping out the Slim Armor cases around early to mid May.
(Orders will ship out when all items are available)

As a gift of gratitude, we would like to send you a free complimentary LCD cleaner set along with your order!

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us on our Help Desk! Our friendly customer service reps are here to help: Contact Us | SPIGEN SGP
Thank you again for choosing Spigen SGP where there?s always something you want.

Yeah, I recieved this e-mail too, just a few days after I placed my order. Not too happy because I've had my phone since the 25th and after they got my cash, I get this e-mail. :eek:If it was going to take this long, I would have pre-ordered the Urban Armor Case.

I got that message last week but I received my spigen slim Armor case in the mail this morning I love it so far so good :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We'll I must have done something right today, because my new Spigen Slim Armor case just arrived!! I got the white one to go with my white S4 and so far, I like it. Case fits like a glove and the oversize volume rocker, and power buttons are great. Nice and responsive with a tactile feel.I was worried as I was initially concerned if the back was rounded "Ala like the HTC One", but it's completely flat. The TPU rubber on the top and bottom is very dense and does not add any bulk at all. Case extends about a millimeter or two over the entire top so you can place it screen-side down with no worries. I don't use a screen protector but it comes with one, a cleaning cloth / LCD cleaner, a squeegee applicator, and 3 Jelly-Bean home buttons.The only thing I wish it had was some kind of texture on the sides, as I can see it could get slippery in the hands. But it's a high-gloss, almost automotive type finish that looks great and will slip in and out of my back pocket no problem. All ports are easily accessible and overall, Very high quality. Please excuse the crappy pics as I was taking them with my iPod one-handed. If anyone's on the fence on this case, I'd recommend going for it, as it's very nice.
-cheers

That. Looks. Awesome.

I too ordered the white slim armor and a white s4. thnks for the pics.

stringbeanie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with the slim armor comment on the weight and bulk of the case? I had that case in the iPhone 5 version and it was both heavy and bulky. I hope they improved that for the S4.

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it neither heavy or bulky. It really conforms to the S4's overall shape and IMO doesn't add any bulk at all. So far the only thing I've noticed is that it can get slippery due to the high gloss finish. ( But my hands sweat a lot and I live in a warm climate.) However, its not heavy at all with the case on. Hope this helps.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone picked up one of the ifrogs (ZAGG) woodgrain cases at Sprint corporate store? Surf Series...

...or am I the only ***** that dropped $55 for one? (Discounted from the $69)!!

Beautiful case, lifetime warranty, but $69?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bdmridgeback/Home/1367725614841_zps49c1656f.jpg

Sent from my Sprint GS4
For some reason I really like this. I believe this one would match up nicely with my Black Mist SIV but I need to find a Mother's Day coupon or something to knock that price down.

natural2.png

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So, the Galaxy S4 Case Neo Hybrid case will Not work with Samsung Dock?

Are there any Spigen cases which will work with the dock?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

llyamah

May 6, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys make of the S-View cover? I have one, but it doesn't shut properly. Is there a decent flip-cover alternative that you can recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

With these Samsung S4 flip cover cases, does the information displayed in the window stay on all the time. That could add hurt battery life if so.

regards

No, not all the time.

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys make of the S-View cover? I have one, but it doesn't shut properly. Is there a decent flip-cover alternative that you can recommend?

I paid ?32 for the S-View cover, quality is nice (compared to the official S3 one which fell apart at the seams), features are cool with the mini window etc - I returned it after just testing it out I didn't even give it a chance to be fair but it was because of the front flap not closing properly. The one I had for my S3 shut flat every time even from straight out the box I just wouldn't use it like that.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone looking to buy an Otterbox defender case in a different color other than black, I was able to buy the color i wanted this morning. So other colors are out!!!!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my Incipio DualPro from an AT&T store ($35 + tax) just to have something to protect the phone while I figure out what I really want as far as a case. I went in to get the cheapest thing they had but really liked the look of the fake carbon fiber which looks even better in person. But, the silicone layer is so loose and floppy that even with the stiff Plextonium frame (per Incipio), it won't hold its shape leaving the bezel exposed where the fancy named frame isn't. This case had the makings of a winner.

Love this look:
73137159288877223083.jpg

Hate this:
99606557301152100446.jpg

Returned to AT&T store today!

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got word that my SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Slim [Ultra Thin Air] [Tangerine Tango] Hard Case Protection Cover + Front Screen Protector Film + Jelly Bean Home Button Protector [3-PACK] for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500 has shipped.

Bunch of extras only on the Amazon listing.

In case anybody else had ordered one of the colored ones.

John

Alex198908

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got word that my SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Slim [Ultra Thin Air] [Tangerine Tango] Hard Case Protection Cover + Front Screen Protector Film + Jelly Bean Home Button Protector [3-PACK] for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500 has shipped.

Bunch of extras only on the Amazon listing.

In case anybody else had ordered one of the colored ones.

John

Yeah I ordered the same one weeks ago, I actually ended up getting the Case Slim [Ultra Fit] on Amazon, because of how long Spigen would take. They said late April on the website :(.