Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

Jordan Walker

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my Incipio DualPro from an AT&T store ($35 + tax) just to have something to protect the phone while I figure out what I really want as far as a case. I went in to get the cheapest thing they had but really liked the look of the fake carbon fiber which looks even better in person. But, the silicone layer is so loose and floppy that even with the stiff Plextonium frame (per Incipio), it won't hold its shape leaving the bezel exposed where the fancy named frame isn't. This case had the makings of a winner.

Love this look:
http://lakecityquietpills.com/photo/multihost/images/73137159288877223083.jpg

Hate this:
http://lakecityquietpills.com/photo/multihost/images/99606557301152100446.jpg

Returned to AT&T store today!

got the same case except in black. the silicon is pretty loose, but i'm not having any issues with it.

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
any good ones out there with a holster? i like sedio but what's available on amazon has a kickstand which i think might add bulk. without kickstand is available on their website but it seems overpriced at over $15-20

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
With these Samsung S4 flip cover cases, does the information displayed in the window stay on all the time. That could add hurt battery life if so.

regards

no..it turns off...there is a magnet that senses it and turns the main screen on and off....and the S VIEW stays on for like 15 seconds...and turns off

you get it to turn back on by pressing the power key or lifting the cover a little bit

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it neither heavy or bulky. It really conforms to the S4's overall shape and IMO doesn't add any bulk at all. So far the only thing I've noticed is that it can get slippery due to the high gloss finish. ( But my hands sweat a lot and I live in a warm climate.) However, its not heavy at all with the case on. Hope this helps.

Two questions for you skiner5246 as I'm about to order my Spigen. 1. What's your thought on the 3 jellybean home buttons? I can't decide whether I would like the look or if I would like the feel and their responsiveness. 2. I've avoided white cases in past as they get dirty fast and seem to stay stained after a lot of use. Think that will be an issue?

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Two questions for you skiner5246 as I'm about to order my Spigen. 1. What's your thought on the 3 jellybean home buttons? I can't decide whether I would like the look or if I would like the feel and their responsiveness. 2. I've avoided white cases in past as they get dirty fast and seem to stay stained after a lot of use. Think that will be an issue?

Both good questions Wkupike.
IMO, I personally like the Jelly bean button. I'm currently using the black one, but it comes with a white and Spigen orange one too. So far, it handles the rigors of my back pocket with no problems. It's a lttle tactile as well and has a nice feel. (I suggest using it and see what you think. If you don't like it, you can always take it off later. no problem.)
As far as your second question. I was worried about that as well. (White cases in general) The thing is, the main section is a hard ploycarbonate. The finish they put on there is very uniform , thick, and glossy. It will show fingerprints for shure, but as far as getting dirty and staining? It's been my experience that it will hold up well. Pretty durable. I belive this would be true with any of the other colors they offer as well. I'll also carry a small micro-fiber cloth with me, If anything gets on it, a quick wipe usually handles it. But I use it more for my screen than the case though as I don't use a screen protector.
I say got for it. :) I think it's one of the nicest cases currently avaliable for the S4 . I'm very happy with mine.
-good luck

df6245

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I got mine today. So far I like the feel, but time will only tell

Here is the one I got
galaxy_s4_neo_hybrid_metal_slate02.jpg

Here is a review I just found with pics of it on the phone from different angles
Spigen Neo Hybrid Samsung Galaxy S4 case hands-on

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Received mine today as well. It is quite flimsy imo until you get it on the phone. I personally prefer a bit more protection but at $15, this will definitely do until I figure out what I really want.

61094076322866297503.jpg

77836769791828611168.jpg

45888281180293511383.jpg

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody recommend the bodyguardz skins? I dont want protection much since I'm very careful with my phones but I do want to get rid of that glossy feeling. My question is if they will actually stay on or look any good.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (IV) Armor Carbon Fiber protectors by BodyGuardz

Thats the carbon fibre version and the one below is the "art" version.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (IV) Armor Art

I tried those once. Didn't like the way the side parts fit and felt they were just harder to install than say DecalGirl and SkinIt ones. You should check those out! DecalGirl just added the S4 to their lineup. I buy MULTIPILE backs for my phones and apply different skins to them and just change things up by applying a different back! I have installed MANY of the DecalGirl and SkinIt skins and I love them! Definitely give the phone more grip!

torch29

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody recommend the bodyguardz skins? I dont want protection much since I'm very careful with my phones but I do want to get rid of that glossy feeling. My question is if they will actually stay on or look any good.

Maybe should look at these if you don't like the slick plastic feel.

[Aftermarket Product] Black Fiber Back Battery Case Protective Cover For Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 i9505 LTE
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIJ7BC6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2770726
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
the quality seems a bit iffy, I would love something like that but I fear they wont fit as good as stock cover, do you not recommend bodyguardz?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I use (put it on my wife's phone) to have those and like one of the users above said, I also didn't like the feel of the side pieces as it felt a little rough to me - what I ended up doing is pulling the side pieces off while leaving the back on - it still felt rough, but not as bad and you get use to it. My wife of course could've cared less, but she is really rough on her phones - my phones that are 1 year old look better than her one month of use - she is the terminator!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo