Galaxy 4 and iPhone 5 SIM Card Swap

tommynyc1

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 5 on AT&T. I plan to purchase Galaxy 4 unlocked. Will I be able to swap the SIM cards between both phones. I want to be able to keep my same #. From what I have read on these forums, all I need to do is purchase a SIM adaptor (Nano to Micro). Can anyone comment on this? If so, any recommendations for SIM adaptors. Thanks in advance!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but the SIM cards will not be the same size. The iPhone 5 uses a nano SIM and the S4 a micro SIM (I assume). Some have had success using them (adapters) while I have never felt comfortable using one. Thankfully all my phones at the moment use the Micro SIM so it is simple to swap them.

Is the one you are buying unlocked from ATT? You might want to consider getting one that uses ATT LTE network because if you get an unlocked international model, chances are it will not work on LTE and you will be using the HSPA+ network.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
What Planoman said, but I'd add that if you're looking to buy elsewhere and not from AT&T, make sure you're buying the I9505 model number if you want LTE. The i9500 is the one with LTE removed.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so same question as tommynyc1, but what about switching from iPhone 4S to the S4? those should be similar yes? but wouldn't i need a new sim card anyways as i'd be switching from just a 3G phone to an LTE phone? wasn't sure how sim cards play into what signal the phone receives on the network.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4S took the miniSIM if I recall correctly when I had it (on AT&T) years ago so you can always get the SIM cutter or get a new SIM when you activate.

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok so same question as tommynyc1, but what about switching from iPhone 4S to the S4? those should be similar yes? but wouldn't i need a new sim card anyways as i'd be switching from just a 3G phone to an LTE phone? wasn't sure how sim cards play into what signal the phone receives on the network.

Same sim size.

Sent via Tapatalk

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
If you want to, you can ask att for the microsim. I think you get up to 2 replacement per contract or something at no charge. And yes you keep your number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo