To the HTC One "premium build" supporters...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You could do that when you were a Mod also.

I've read most of the threads about "build quality" and all I can say is LOL.

I especially LOL'd when I read "all the plastic" that HTC used in the One. The process HTC uses to make the One is impressive, and that's undeniable. The screen is amazing, and the speakers are quite functional.

But what I always wonder is, how many people post that haven't seen or held either phone? I haven't held an S4, but I know a few people that have, and not a pre production model. I'm happy I picked the ONE. ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I'm just a bit more blunt now, perhaps :).

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I especially LOL'd when I read "all the plastic" that HTC used in the One. The process HTC uses to make the One is impressive, and that's undeniable. The screen is amazing, and the speakers are quite functional.

But what I always wonder is, how many people post that haven't seen or held either phone? I haven't held an S4, but I know a few people that have, and not a pre production model. I'm happy I picked the ONE. ;-)

Agreed!

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I've held both final retail units. I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed with either phone. ;-)

spybenj

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Saw the ONE today, it is a beautiful phone, nicer than the iPhone 5 IMO, but the lack of a centered home Burton's annoying!
I agree that this is really a matter of opinion

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Saw the ONE today, it is a beautiful phone, nicer than the iPhone 5 IMO, but the lack of a centered home Burton's annoying!
I agree that this is really a matter of opinion

Silly autocorrect :p

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So much back and forth about quality.

To me the One feels great in hand. Haven't held the s4 so the s3 would be my closest reference point. That said I would easily choose The One but...

Owning either of them I still wouldn't want to drop em. It would give me a mini panic attack lol

Drop the s4 or the one you're gonna get pretty much the same effect.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

spybenj

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just a question, but couldn't you get a metal back plate for the gs4?
Sure, it's not the same as unibody, but it gives you the metal feel

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So much back and forth about quality.

To me the One feels great in hand. Haven't held the s4 so the s3 would be my closest reference point. That said I would easily choose The One but...

Owning either of them I still wouldn't want to drop em. It would give me a mini panic attack lol

Drop the s4 or the one you're gonna get pretty much the same effect.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Disagree. Drop them both on gravel or on asphalt. Damage on the back of the S4 would be better because you could just replace the back. At least from the cosmetic perspective.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Disagree. Drop them both on gravel or on asphalt. Damage on the back of the S4 would be better because you could just replace the back. At least from the cosmetic perspective.

Good point. But what about the front? Sides?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Got a chance to hold and play around with the One earlier. Feels and works nice but not much of a fan of how it looks and that black bar.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you know? To be fair, the One is basically not repairable, but that doesn't mean the S4 will be better.

The galaxy phones so far have been very easily related and from what I've seen of the s4 it looks to be the same. I wouldn't let it change my decision but I think it's a good practice

Edit: I can only really speak for the s3 and note 2 so I take the generalization about all galaxies back

Sent from my Note 2