Just wow!!!!

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything except that sgs4 is easier to hold.

With the curved back if HTC One, it's more ergonomic in the hand

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

The only issue I have with the One is it is a PITA to turn on as a right handed person. Lots of fiddling with the phone, flipping it so the button is on the right and then flipping the phone back over screen side up. Whoever designed that and thought that was the best placement should be dragged out back and raped by a gaggle of monkeys.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have with the One is it is a PITA to turn on as a right handed person. Lots of fiddling with the phone, flipping it so the button is on the right and then flipping the phone back over screen side up. Whoever designed that and thought that was the best placement should be dragged out back and raped by a gaggle of monkeys.

Would you be able to reach it with you index finger while it's still portrait? Seemed that way at the store, though hard to tell with the security cable in the way.

PS. Does the S4 turn on via the physical Home button, as well as the side Power button? Is there are way to get it to do so?

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Would you be able to reach it with you index finger while it's still portrait? Seemed that way at the store, though hard to tell with the security cable in the way.

PS. Does the S4 turn on via the physical Home button, as well as the side Power button? Is there are way to get it to do so?

Yes, you can turn the screen on with the power button and the home button.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

If I grab the phone with my left hand it is near impossible to reach the power button with your index finger unless you're double jointed or have rheumatoid arthritis that has caused your fingers to bend at 45degree angles. All galaxy phones that have a physical home button turn on using either the side power button or the home button.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If I grab the phone with my left hand it is near impossible to reach the power button with your index finger unless you're double jointed or have rheumatoid arthritis that has caused your fingers to bend at 45degree angles. All galaxy phones that have a physical home button turn on using either the side power button or the home button.

OK, I remembered that's how I powered on my DroidX, which also has the button on the top, but the DroidX was shorter and the button centered, so I can see how it would've been easier.

aaron130

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I did the same thing! Returned my One and got the SGS4! And glad I did! With the One I noticed I wasn't keeping a strong 4G signal as much as I do with a Samsung, had the SGS3 before the One and noticed already with 4 that the 4G is stronger, I couldn't even pick up a 4G signal with the One in my room, and with the SG4 I do. Not to mention sd card and removable battery also.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Bigger screen that's not made smaller by the black menu bar. Responsive capacitive buttons that don't have an odd setup. A power button that is easy to reach and isn't too flush. Doesn't feel like its on fire doing the least intensive tasks. Doesn't have gaps or screens that stick out. Removable battery/SD storage. 4.2.2. Lighter, thinner, easier to hold.

I'm just assuming those would be his answers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

So basically troll answers?

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Bigger screen that's not made smaller by the black menu bar

I have a question to anyone in general about this: Even if you have a phone that uses physical or capacative buttons instead of the black software key bar, BUT the app you're using doesn't adhere to that standard (as I'm discovering is still quite common), then Jelly Bean is still going to stick that black bar on your screen anyway, correct?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC One and love it. I just ordered the S4 to try out. I don't know which one I will like better. Right now I'm leaning toward the One (based on videos I've watched) but that could change. I already have a 64GB card that I used when I had the S3. I really want to test out the signal performance on Tmobile since someone mentioned that the S4's is good. Right now the HTC One has the best signal and data performance than any phone I've had on Tmobile. I'm getting 4G (HSPA+) speeds in places I never did before. It will be interesting to see how the S4 will do.

beiting

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Isn't all the fighting between HTC One owners and S4 owners silly? Shouldn't we really be focusing our energy on what matters? Making fun of iPhones?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a question to anyone in general about this: Even if you have a phone that uses physical or capacative buttons instead of the black software key bar, BUT the app you're using doesn't adhere to that standard (as I'm discovering is still quite common), then Jelly Bean is still going to stick that black bar on your screen anyway, correct?

nope...incorrect

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
nope...incorrect

Depends on the phone? The Galaxy phones still have a capacative menu button do they not? Many recent phones based on JB have dropped the menu button so when a menu is called for, BUT the phone doesn't already use software buttons, then you get the black bar to enable menu functions if the app developer is still using gingerbread design standards.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the phone? The Galaxy phones still have a capacative menu button do they not? Many recent phones based on JB have dropped the menu button so when a menu is called for, BUT the phone doesn't already use software buttons, then you get the black bar to enable menu functions if the app developer is still using gingerbread design standards.

It depends really even more than that. Each developer can choose to put the software buttons anywhere they want in an app. That's why manufacturers are choosing to keep the physical buttons, so they don't mash with the layout of their phones.

Nvrmind the fact they all want to be unique and not look like stock Android. Even though unifying the OS would do wonders to combat apple. Since it is carrier skins that generally cause apple to get all up in arms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2