Battery replacement question

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
Had my s4 since last friday,
though the battery life is great id like a bigger one to get a bit more fo a boost/let me have the brightness a bit higher.
I found some larger mah capacities on ebay and obviously theyre not official,
i just wanted to check if they are safe/if anyone else has got or used one.
Will post links below of ones im looking at,
thanks!
Brad

High capacity 3030 mAh battery X1 for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 -HBT X1 | eBay
NEW REPLACEMENT HIGH QUALITY 2800mAH BATTERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 S IV i9500 | eBay

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've used various brands of cheap aftermarket batteries in other phones, and they've all been fine in terms of working safely.

I wouldn't count on them actually offering higher capacity, though. In my experience, these inexpensive aftermarket batteries offer less capacity than the OEM batteries. I use them as backups, in case the OEM battery dies during the day.

It's really very difficult to get significantly more capacity in a battery the same size as the OEM one. All these batteries use the same Lithium Ion chemistry. Without making the battery bigger, there's really no magic that lets the same chemistry deliver more power. If you really need an extended capacity battery, wait a while and there will be physically larger, truly high capacity batteries available.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know where you can buy the Samsung spare battery kit? It's on their web site, but cannot actually be purchased there. Has anyone seen it for sale?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. I haven't actually seen one for sale. Only pre sale. Doesn't mean they have and just sold out just I haven't seen them yet and I have been checking around a bit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch