Just picked up my 32GB S4 from my local AT&T

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes! With the official launch tomorrow you would think they'd know something about it.

The guy I spoke to was so rude though,I guess that's what bothers me most. Cause he was very adamant that there is and will not be any 32gb S4'and there only is the 16gb. And suggest I just get an sd card. I told him you can't put apps on it and he tried to tell me otherwise.
:rolleyes:

I might just do the pre-order though from the other store to actually see if its for the 32gb and not 16

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

I had a guy try and tell me that about apps yesterday. I just had to walk off from him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I had a guy try and tell me that about apps yesterday. I just had to walk off from him.

Yea the girl from best buy tried to tell me the same thing. I told her she was misinformed. Lol

mikesi

May 4, 2013
Visit site
They only received 3 black 32GB S4s. NO WHITE. These may be hard to come by so I suggest you all call your local stores!:)

I know its a short time but how are you liking the switch so far? Heavily debating the switch when it is released for Verizon

Tango22

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I know its a short time but how are you liking the switch so far? Heavily debating the switch when it is released for Verizon

I'm still tweaking and setting the phone up. This thing has an INSANE amount of options...and I'm loving it. I was bored to death with iOS so just working on my settings has got me excited. Just used Easy Phone Sync to transfer contacts, pictures, and a small amount of music. I've also setup my mail accounts and signed up for Google Play. The screen on this thing is incredible. Once I have this bad boy configured I can comment further. So far I'm feeling warm and fuzzy about making the switch! :D

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
At least you can reach your stores. No bull****, but I haven't been able to get in contact with THREE different AT&T stores around here. They refuse to pick their phones up. I'm sure they are busy but damn I've been trying for almost an hour and a half now.

Congrats on your phone, and congrats on having a competent AT&T store close by. When I spoke with stores earlier in the week they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Not only do they to know, but around here they treat people so rudely when we have simple questions.

Really starting to doubt that I'll be able to walk in the store tomorrow and pick one up.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Yea the girl from best buy tried to tell me the same thing. I told her she was misinformed. Lol

Lol well hope we both find a store that has them tomorrow. I am off so will be there first thing in the morning

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes! With the official launch tomorrow you would think they'd know something about it.

The guy I spoke to was so rude though,I guess that's what bothers me most. Cause he was very adamant that there is and will not be any 32gb S4'and there only is the 16gb. And suggest I just get an sd card. I told him you can't put apps on it and he tried to tell me otherwise.
:rolleyes:

I might just do the pre-order though from the other store to actually see if its for the 32gb and not 16

Couldn't agree more. I went to one of the local AT&T stores in my city yesterday as I've been thinking about trading-up to the 32GB. The guy I spoke with played dumb. When i told him I pre-ordered the phone on 4/23 and recieved and activated it on 4/24 he sudddenly "grew a pair" and stated I just missed my 2 week buyers remorse clause by one day! And that was that!
Note: To anyone that pre-ordered online. They count the actual "order placement date "as one day in the BR clause so be aware of this.
These people at the stores really don't seem to have a clue sometimes...

So needless to say, this didn't set very-well with me at all. So as soon as I got home, I wrote a quick e-mail to AT&T stating my "displeasure".
To my amazement, within 10 minutes, I get a reply e-mail back with the following;

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013, AT&T Email Business Customer Care for Wireless wrote:
Dear Scott,
I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the 16 GB Galaxy S4. I would be happy to work with you to get the 32 GB Galaxy S4. When the 32 GB Galaxy S4 is available, I would be happy to order one for you. We would charge you the difference between the cost of the 16 GB and 32 GB device. Once you receive the 32 GB Galaxy S4, you can send the 16 GB Galaxy S4 directly to me. Since you are outside of the buyer's remorse period and we are making an exception, you will not be able to order the device online, or go to a store to get the device. The exchange will have to be done thru Customer Care.
I would like to contact you by phone on Friday, the release date of the device. When I order the device, a credit card payment will be required. Please provide me with a good phone number and approximate time to reach you on Friday afternoon. I cannot contact you after 9:00 PM in your local time zone. I work 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM PST Tues - Sat.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Deanna G.
AT&T National Solution Centers

I'll let you all know how it goes...

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I went to one of the local AT&T stores in my city yesterday as I've been thinking about trading-up to the 32GB. The guy I spoke with played dumb. When i told him I pre-ordered the phone on 4/23 and recieved and activated it on 4/24 he sudddenly "grew a pair" and stated I just missed my 2 week buyers remorse clause by one day! And that was that!
Note: To anyone that pre-ordered online. They count the actual "order placement date "as one day in the BR clause so be aware of this.
These people at the stores really don't seem to have a clue sometimes...

So needless to say, this didn't set very-well with me at all. So as soon as I got home, I wrote a quick e-mail to AT&T stating my "dispeasure".
To my amazement, within 10 minutes, I get a reply e-mail back with the following;

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013, AT&T Email Business Customer Care for Wireless wrote:
Dear Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the 16 GB Galaxy S4. I would be happy to work with you to get the 32 GB Galaxy S4. When the 32 GB Galaxy S4 is available, I would be happy to order one for you. We would charge you the difference between the cost of the 16 GB and 32 GB device. Once you receive the 32 GB Galaxy S4, you can send the 16 GB Galaxy S4 directly to me. Since you are outside of the buyer's remorse period and we are making an exception, you will not be able to order the device online, or go to a store to get the device. The exchange will have to be done thru Customer Care.
I would like to contact you by phone on Friday, the release date of the device. When I order the device, a credit card payment will be required. Please provide me with a good phone number and approximate time to reach you on Friday afternoon. I cannot contact you after 9:00 PM in your local time zone. I work 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM PST Tues - Sat.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Deanna G.
AT&T National Solution Centers

I'll let you all know how it goes...

I got an upgrade over a year in advance to get the S4. Not only did they let me upgrade, they let me walk into the store and do it. AT&T can be very, very flexible if pushed enough.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I got an upgrade over a year in advance to get the S4. Not only did they let me upgrade, they let me walk into the store and do it. AT&T can be very, very flexible if pushed enough.

Correction... AT&T corporate over the phone is very flexible. The stores? Yeah, not so much. AT&T let's me upgrade every year as well, but I have to call first. And then when I go in the store, they're a little pissed off cause they act like you went over their heads.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Correction... AT&T corporate over the phone is very flexible. The stores? Yeah, not so much. AT&T let's me upgrade every year as well, but I have to call first. And then when I go in the store, they're a little pissed off cause they act like you went over their heads.

Should have been more specific. You're right.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

And you didn't have to Pay a &250 fee on top of the phone?

My husband wants the phone now too but isn't due for upgrade until July. I called to ask if they would let us upgrade his phone early they said only if we pay the 250 on top of the price of the phone :eek:

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
And you didn't have to Pay a &250 fee on top of the phone?

My husband wants the phone now too but isn't due for upgrade until July. I called to ask if they would let us upgrade his phone early they said only if we pay the 250 on top of the price of the phone :eek:

I've been a customer for quite awhile and have 5 lines. They typically don't give me a hard time when I ask for something.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been a customer for quite awhile and have 5 lines. They typically don't give me a hard time when I ask for something.

I see, I've been an AT&T customer forever, I was hoping they'd be a little more lenient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress