Questions on my new S4

slobkabob

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I searched around for a bit but couldn't find an answer to these items:

1) On my old Infuse, I was able to have a widget for the notification bar, right there on the home screen. I can't find that on my S4. I'd like to have the WiFi, GPS, Sound, Rotation, and Bluetooth buttons appear on the home screen at the top. Is this possible?

2) When holding down a character on the keyboard to insert the symbol, is there anyway to speed it up? I'm a fast typer and the lag in getting the symbol to appear is a tad bit long for my taste...

3) On Google Maps, the +/- signs are gone for zooming in and out. Any way to get them to show? Or were they permanently removed recently?

Last edited:

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
3) On Google Maps, the +/- signs are gone for zooming in and out. Any way to get them to show? Or were they permanently removed recently?
Open the map and go to the settings and you will find the option there. It doesn't come ticked by default. Also you can always zoom by double tapping the screen or pinching the screen in and out.
As far as the widgets on the top I believe they only appear if you active each one of them otherwise, you have to bring the screen down to be able to see them.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site

1) On my old Infuse, I was able to have a widget for the notification bar, right there on the home screen. I can't find that on my S4. I'd like to have the WiFi, GPS, Sound, Rotation, and Bluetooth buttons appear on the home screen at the top. Is this possible?

on previous samsung devices, at least the galaxy s2, there was a toggle widget option for this, but now, there are not... at least i was not able to find them either... i mean, i actually prefer using the toggles on the notification bar, because there's an option for almost anything there!

still you can use a different application for this such options.... personally, i used the ZDbox, and it met my needs, but you can also try with other applications....

2) When holding down a character on the keyboard to insert the symbol, is there anyway to speed it up? I'm a fast typer and the lag in getting the symbol to appear is a tad bit long for my taste...

what's the keyboard you are using? is it the stock one?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

1) On my old Infuse, I was able to have a widget for the notification bar, right there on the home screen. I can't find that on my S4. I'd like to have the WiFi, GPS, Sound, Rotation, and Bluetooth buttons appear on the home screen at the top. Is this possible?...

Go Switch Widget will do that. It's in the Google Play site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch