You have to purchase the same app for each phone on one account?

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sooo?. Switched to S4 from iphone. For my iphone / At&t account, we had a master username and password you used to buy apps. Once bought, they were available for download on each / all phones associated with that master account.

I?m hearing that it?s not like that with S4 / Sprint. That if you purchase an app for one phone on the account, you have to purchase it again for each other phone on the account.

Is this true?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sooo?. Switched to S4 from iphone. For my iphone / At&t account, we had a master username and password you used to buy apps. Once bought, they were available for download on each / all phones associated with that master account.

I?m hearing that it?s not like that with S4 / Sprint. That if you purchase an app for one phone on the account, you have to purchase it again for each other phone on the account.

Is this true?

Apps are tied to the Google account, not a device or phone number.

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Cool thanks? sooo what does that ultimately mean for my question? Is that a ?yes? then? That I will have to buy the same app multiple times for my multiple phones (and users) vs just once with the iphone?

I understand the concept of an app being tied to a google account rather than a phone or phone number, but the apps weren?t tied to a phone or phone number with the iphone either. Again, they were tied to one master account, and I could download and use purchased apps to all different phones / phone numbers / personal accounts that I owned.

Therefore, while I really do appreciate your response, it?s still not clear to me, because there could be the possibility of logging in on a different phone with the purchasers Google ID, downloading and installing the purchased app on the additional phone, and then switching the ID back to the other users ID and using the app just downloaded and installed.

I?m able to use only the one Sprint phone account under any Google ID to purchase apps, so if I can?t do like I used to and use the purchased app on all different phones on the master account, then that seems to be one hell of a disadvantage to choosing this company / product.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
i havent used android in a while, and i just logged onto google play on my browser, and all the apps i had showed up. so you should be able to do the same on your phone. if you go into the play store on your phone i believe theres a tab or section somewhere that should show you all the apps you had downloaded

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks? sooo what does that ultimately mean for my question? Is that a ?yes? then? That I will have to buy the same app multiple times for my multiple phones (and users) vs just once with the iphone?

I understand the concept of an app being tied to a google account rather than a phone or phone number, but the apps weren?t tied to a phone or phone number with the iphone either. Again, they were tied to one master account, and I could download and use purchased apps to all different phones / phone numbers / personal accounts that I owned.

Therefore, while I really do appreciate your response, it?s still not clear to me, because there could be the possibility of logging in on a different phone with the purchasers Google ID, downloading and installing the purchased app on the additional phone, and then switching the ID back to the other users ID and using the app just downloaded and installed.

I?m able to use only the one Sprint phone account under any Google ID to purchase apps, so if I can?t do like I used to and use the purchased app on all different phones on the master account, then that seems to be one hell of a disadvantage to choosing this company / product.

Google doesn't care about your Sprint account at all. You can make a "master account" for apps and use it on many devices and have more logins for personal stuff, etc. or you can buy everything separately if you wish. There is a limit on the number of devices per Google account, but most families won't hit it with just phones. I'm curious how Apple accomplished the per account thing, might have to read up on it because it's interesting, but in Google's world it's 100% what e-mail address you choose to use. You can have multiple google accounts on one device, so many people will use one to purchase apps, etc. and another for e-mail, etc.

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Google doesn't care about your Sprint account at all. You can make a "master account" for apps and use it on many devices and have more logins for personal stuff, etc. or you can buy everything separately if you wish. There is a limit on the number of devices per Google account, but most families won't hit it with just phones. I'm curious how Apple accomplished the per account thing, might have to read up on it because it's interesting, but in Google's world it's 100% what e-mail address you choose to use. You can have multiple google accounts on one device, so many people will use one to purchase apps, etc. and another for e-mail, etc.

Ahhh... THAT answers my question. Many thanks to you!

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To address your question as far as the Apple method, I'm guessing it was all itunes based. Whenever we bought an app, we would use a master username and password that was not itself any kind of personal ID. When an app was purchased, it was available to any of the ID's associated with this master username and password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez