Sprint S4 Weather Widget 4x2... Way to reduce? Replace?

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I like the Weather Widget for the Sprint S4, but it takes up WAY too much real estate. I would like it in 4x1. Is there a way to reduce this widget?

I know there are a ton of weather widgets to choose from, and I would switch if it were the exact same, but smaller. I like / want the large time and date, the large temp, the graphical animation over the whole widget background that matches current conditions... I just want it 4x1.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They changed it from the version on the GS3 and Note 2 (I liked the icons better back then), but for some dumb reason, they also took out the ability to resize the widget (you could do it in the Note 2, at least). Your best bet is either to download another weather app (Beautiful Widgets has some nice ones) or switch launchers (I know GoLauncher allows you to resize ANY widget on your home screens, and I believe most of the good ones do, too).

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
They changed it from the version on the GS3 and Note 2 (I liked the icons better back then), but for some dumb reason, they also took out the ability to resize the widget (you could do it in the Note 2, at least). Your best bet is either to download another weather app (Beautiful Widgets has some nice ones) or switch launchers (I know GoLauncher allows you to resize ANY widget on your home screens, and I believe most of the good ones do, too).

Great info, thanks!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As above, maybe use another widget or try a launcher that allows you to resize. Basic stuff like changing the grid size and resizing is always missing from these stock launchers. That's one of my gripes with Android..... they depend too much on 3rd party apps to fill in the gaps for some no-brainer functionality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11