Any program that will turn screen off when S4 is in your pocket or purse?

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping with all the gimmicky nonsense features of the S4, they would have a screen-off feature that could actually be very useful to some people. I have my phone set to lock (requiring pin) every time I press the power button so I find myself constantly unlocking my phone because I press the power button to turn my screen off before plunking it into my pocket. Does anyone know if there is a program that automatically shuts the screen off if the phone uses it's sensors to determine whether or not it is inside or outside a pocket. That way I can just plunk my phone into my pocket without having to lock it. This would come in real handy when I'm working out at the gym, running, etc. I can also see it coming in handy just in general use as well like when I'm on a phone call... because my phone will automatically lock me out of everything except the phone call screen if I drop my phone in my pocket. This feature would likely also save some battery life. It would seem that a phone with so many sensors and gimmicky features would implement something as simple as "turn screen off when phone is inside a purse or pocket". Thanks in advance for any help.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It does automatically.... go to settings....my device....display...screen time out and from there choose the time that you want for the screen to go black and if you have it to lock immediately after the screen go off they you should be ok......... play with the settings........you don't need an app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall