Android Newbie w/ a few questions

Hot Shyt

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Just got my S4 (literally about 20 minutes ago) and I'm about to start playing w/ it but have some questions about rooting.

Rooting doesnt change the OS, right? So Air view and air gesture and all that will still be available?

Also does it erase whats already on the phone? Will I need to download the apps again and re-enter my contacts?

thanks for any info

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Rooting is done to prepare for a new rom which you may want to learn more about and depending on the rom used you may lose touchwiz

Hot Shyt

May 30, 2013
Visit site
It doesnt change os and it doesnt even remove any setting if u did it right

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

thanks for the quick response.

I dont even care to root but I want to get rid of a bunch of these pre-loaded apps... and my friend has a few paid apps he said he would give me when I'm rooted

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got my S4 (literally about 20 minutes ago) and I'm about to start playing w/ it but have some questions about rooting.

Rooting doesnt change the OS, right? So Air view and air gesture and all that will still be available?

Also does it erase whats already on the phone? Will I need to download the apps again and re-enter my contacts?

thanks for any info

Out of curiosity, why are you looking to root your device?

If you haven't done it already, let your contacts sync with Google. Afterwards you will never have to worry about losing your contacts. At least not while using Android devices.

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hot Shyt

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why are you looking to root your device?

If you haven't done it already, let your contacts sync with Google. Afterwards you will never have to worry about losing your contacts. At least not while using Android devices.

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Mainly just to get rid of the excess apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89