Samsung Notifications: Can I disable them?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been scouring the web for answers to this question.

How do I get the Samsung notifications to stop appearing on my lockscreen? It overrides the Dasclock widget and makes itself front and center.

By doing this, it pretty much negates the whole purpose of Dashclock itself.

Someone....please help....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been scouring the web for answers to this question.

How do I get the Samsung notifications to stop appearing on my lockscreen? It overrides the Dasclock widget and makes itself front and center.

By doing this, it pretty much negates the whole purpose of Dashclock itself.

Someone....please help....

You can disable notifications in Settings>Application Manager swipe over to all apps, then down to the specific Samsung. Click on it, and there is a check box marked notifications. However, there are several Samsung apps, and may be difficult to tell which one is giving you grief. If you still have it up, does it show in the notification bar? If yes, you can click on it, and that is a shortcut right to it, and you can uncheck the box that way.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can disable notifications in Settings>Application Manager swipe over to all apps, then down to the specific Samsung. Click on it, and there is a check box marked notifications. However, there are several Samsung apps, and may be difficult to tell which one is giving you grief. If you still have it up, does it show in the notification bar? If yes, you can click on it, and that is a shortcut right to it, and you can uncheck the box that way.

Does this apply to both the missed call and messaging notifications that pop up on the lockscreen?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does this apply to both the missed call and messaging notifications that pop up on the lockscreen?

No. That is baked into the OS from Samsung. What notifications are you talking about from your original question? The pop ups for the missed calls and texts?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was able to disable the text message from popping up, but the phone won't allow me to disable the notifications.
I don't know what else to suggest. It's highly possible the phone notifications are locked.

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to disable the text message from popping up, but the phone won't allow me to disable the notifications.
I don't know what else to suggest. It's highly possible the phone notifications are locked.

Clifton Michael

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can disable the Missed Calls and New Message notifications from appearing on the lockscreen. Install the App - Lockscreen Policy (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...hislonchow.deviceadminkeyguard&token=FqFrYZSf) from the Google Play Store. After installing the app it will ask you to activate the app as the app needs to be the device Administrator, Allow and Activate the app. Then it will give you 2 options - Disable widgets and Disable Camera. Once you disable the widgets, the notifications will not appear in the lockscreen. I have tried it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.3 and it works. But, please note that it will disable all widgets in the lockscreen.

Take care.

Attachments

• Lockscreen Policy.JPG
    Lockscreen Policy.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 53

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress