Palm Touchstone Inductive Charging Galaxy S4

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
same here. webOS really was a great system. I had a Pre+ AND a Touchpad. Loved them both and held out as long as I could. I now have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and an S4. Wireless charging and superior multitasking via the card system are the two things I miss most about those devices. I still have my Touchstones for them. I'm tempted to do this mode to my shiny new S4. Wish there was something like that for the Note as well. I bought a docking station. but unbelievably, the whole pad is braced up by the port, making me wonder if it will break at some point.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I also have a PalmPad (TouchPad) and my wife has another one!
We still use them every day and still love the great Multitasking of WebOS!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I too am/was a diehard Palm fan. Need I point out that many of Webos' features have "migrated" to Android because many of Webos' engineers have migrated to Google. I too still have and use my Touchpad, sometimes with webos, sometimes with CM10.1. The beats audio is far better than my nexus 10.

I have implanted the Palm coil in my stock S4 back cover and still use all my touchstones, but when travelling I use the s-view case, which is too think for the magnets to hold it on.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I really want to do this for my Active but I am a bit concered about the bowing. Since there is a water seal, I believe that it may break the seal. I am really hoping Samsung releases an official door for the Active!

jsabo

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
One comment, if anyone's still digging in this--it seems obvious in retrospect, but the magnets in this totally screw up the compass :)

If you take the coil out, after about 30 minutes the phone seems to reset, but while it's in there, forget about getting accurate directions.

GPS compass does still work, and nav seems to be ok, but other apps that rely just on the magnetic compass (like ISS Finder) are likely to be toast.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
One comment, if anyone's still digging in this--it seems obvious in retrospect, but the magnets in this totally screw up the compass :)

If you take the coil out, after about 30 minutes the phone seems to reset, but while it's in there, forget about getting accurate directions.

GPS compass does still work, and nav seems to be ok, but other apps that rely just on the magnetic compass (like ISS Finder) are likely to be toast.

I don't have any problems with navigation with the coil in place. I suppose if I were to go hiking or something that actually needed the compass I can always just take it out temporarily.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T

davin1023

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok folks, I got one of these and a few touchstone chargers. The only problem is that with it installed and plugged in I never get the popup and never get a charge. I've verified that it is installed correctly and that the contacts are touching. Any ideas on what I am missing?

Edit: Apparently the USB cable I was using had an issue. Seems to be working now with a different cable.

Last edited:

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok folks, I got one of these and a few touchstone chargers. The only problem is that with it installed and plugged in I never get the popup and never get a charge. I've verified that it is installed correctly and that the contacts are touching. Any ideas on what I am missing?

Edit: Apparently the USB cable I was using had an issue. Seems to be working now with a different cable.

Glad you got it worked out. Are you using a case?

I just ordered this aluminum bumper I hope to have it in the next week or so.

uploadfromtaptalk1377021688085.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T

theman510

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm probably going to be getting an S4 in the next few weeks and this is very cool! I didn't even think of doing something like this with the phone.

This option says it won't affect the NFC features of the phone and also uses an "original" Samsung back cover.

NEW Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Wireless Charging KIT Touchstone Charger Back Cover | eBay

I would love to see a comparison picture of two S4's, one with the wireless charging back case on and one without it to see what, if any, difference in thickness there is.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably going to be getting an S4 in the next few weeks and this is very cool! I didn't even think of doing something like this with the phone.

This option says it won't affect the NFC features of the phone and also uses an "original" Samsung back cover.

NEW Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Wireless Charging KIT Touchstone Charger Back Cover | eBay

I would love to see a comparison picture of two S4's, one with the wireless charging back case on and one without it to see what, if any, difference in thickness there is.

The same door goes on the back. But there's a slight bulge in the middle with the coil in place. Refer to my original pictures on the first post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4