"Maps" sure does eats the battery usage up

JamesBramble

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S4 for about 3 weeks now and I'm very impressed with it, Great phone. One thing I have noticed regarding the S4 battery life is how much the Maps (Location Services I guess) eats up.

I've been keeping a eye on it and on a full charge it uses about 25-30% of my battery life. I'm very shocked with this. Is this normal?

I now have my Location Services off and only turn it on when I need it. Battery usage has greatly improved.

existential45

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I drive for a living and I use navigation on my One and that is a giant succubus to my battery,I know that,but the location and using maps themselves don't seem to be an issu,like u said just turn off location and allow it to ask if and when you need it. It's actually more practical especially when certain pages ,maps,or apps want my location for no qualitative reason. So I guess what I'm saying is it's not normal for any phone I've had for that much battery life to be eaten because of location services,unless your using GPS along with it. Maybe the NSA is constantly trailing you,lol. Good luck think of upgrading to the One if you check it out you'd see why. No shams to the s though.