Spigen Slim Armor case on sale

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Figures. I just ordered mine on Wednesday and they only had black or white on sale, with allnother colors regular price.

I settle for black, but I may have to order the red one now too. Thanks for posting

Othe12sid3

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Figures. I just ordered mine on Wednesday and they only had black or white on sale, with allnother colors regular price.

I settle for black, but I may have to order the red one now too. Thanks for posting
Lol same here. I ordered when it was ONLY the white on sale, when I really wanted the black. 24 hours later, the black is on sale too. And now, half a week later, they're all on sale and a few bucks cheaper from my sale price.

I'm hoping it's a blessing in disguise though (white vs. black), originally I liked the black but seeing it from afar, it doesn't accent the TPU and basic design. White shows the TPU/polycarbonate contrast very clearly and I can appreciate the slick design. Damn, getting too excited thinking about cases again. Have to wait till Wednesday for mine to come in :(

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm rocking a neo hybrid silver. It's sick. I had three ordered with quality control issues. So glad I kept at it. My wife has the white slim armor. Too slick for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Othe12sid3

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my White Slim Armor in today. Liking it quite a bit so far. First impressions: great build quality, phone fits snug. Love the style, the biggest reason I bought it. Case adds a little more bulk than I expected, but to me this a good thing because while naked the phone feels a little too fragile in my hands. Regardless, it's still quite thin. With the case on the phone feels extremely solid and at least to me gives a better grip.

The volume/power buttons work well for what they're given. First let me say that I don't like the S4 buttons. IMO they're not raised high enough where it could be difficult to press the power button, and their clickiness just doesn't satisfy me. This is where the case improves on the buttons, their profile is raised just enough (not too much) where you can find them with ease. I noticed though you don't get tactile feedback unless you press fairly hard. If you do you get a nice click. Though sometimes I press the power button semi-lighly, get no feedback, and the button still activates. I can't blame the case on that though.

If there is one thing I don't like, it's that sometimes you can VERY slightly see the "metallic" trim on the phone... for OCD people or perfectionists I can see this being a problem. I would prefer a "tight" fit as I think this would completely hide the trim, but I can see why they stayed with "snug" as it was extremely easy to put the case on the phone. That doesn't mean "snug" is bad at all though... I tried to shift the phone around the case and it yielded no movement at all. Hopefully it stays that way.

And here are some quickie low quality pics taken in a mirror because I don't have a real camera :p (WHITE Slim Armor case on a BLACK GS4)

TUzCcZs.jpg

nooesh8.jpg

EDIT: One important detail I left out... the back of the case has the slightly raised plastic piece over the speaker, meaning that sound is NOT muffled when laying the phone down on a hard, flat surface. I believe the Spigen Neo Hybrid does not have this. A win for the Slim Armor if you're debating on getting it vs. the Neo Hybrid.

Last edited:

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Damn I paid retail for mine but it was worth every penny. I do hesitate to buy from 3rd party sellers from amazon as they have been selling counterfeit slim armor cases.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

kasarn

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
After read this forum I went out and bought the Spigen case as a back up to my I Blason case. I'm not impressed. The fitment is great but I doubt the case will protect the phone from anything but scratches. The lip around the phone is low, so I wouldnt go putting the case face down on any surface. To me the I-Blason is a way better case and deal.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373043076888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373043076888.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 22
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373043151400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373043151400.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 20

Mournblade

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
For 13 bucks (free shipping!) this is an excellent case. It fits extremely well, looks and feels fantastic, and is almost as low-profile as running without any case at all! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez