Email sync disables itself every day or two

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The default email app disables sync of all three of my email accounts on its own every day or two without fail. Anyone else had this issue? This just started for me. I find out when I click the refresh button in the email app and then get a notification at the bottom of the screen that "email sync is disabled." I go into settings and see that is the case. I enabled it for all accounts, then the next day, same thing over again. Anybody else have this?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
By chance are you using Snapdragon battery guru? That seems to turn off sync on certain apps randomly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Guru. I'll play with it and see what happens. I was using it on my original S4 and didn't have an issue.

Last edited:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
By chance are you using Snapdragon battery guru? That seems to turn off sync on certain apps randomly.

Yep, did that to me, turning off sync and locking me out of wifi from time to time. Ending up uninstalling it as a result. Seems like a good app for battery management but a bit of a hassle from a functionality aspect, for me at least.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep, did that to me, turning off sync and locking me out of wifi from time to time. Ending up uninstalling it as a result. Seems like a good app for battery management but a bit of a hassle from a functionality aspect, for me at least.

I uninstalled as well. Honestly, I didn't see much battery improvement and the WiFi and sync hassles weren't worth it.

Glad your problem is solved.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a battery saver too, and get the same issue when I have it "clean" up things. Will uninstall! Edit: I'm using Battery Doctor

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

hatem elshafey

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The only way to re enable is through the notification pull down, move to the far right icon and be sure sync is on.

Hope that helps someone else
NB: I get this solution from other forum

Firehawk46064

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Pull down your top notifications drop down menu at the top of your phone. In the right upmost corner click the 3 blocks left arrow right arrow symbol so you can see ALL of the options. Click SYNC to turn your master sync back on. FIXED!

Firehawk46064

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Pull down your top notifications drop down menu at the top of your phone. In the right upmost corner click the 3 blocks left arrow right arrow symbol so you can see ALL of the options. Click SYNC to turn your master sync back on. FIXED!

Habib Ahmed1

May 17, 2014
Visit site
What I have done I moved my Finger from top to bottom and got the notification screen. On the top right corner next to setting gear is the advance view. Just select that one and You can see the full range of available buttons. Just select the sync button. A green bar should illuminate . That's fix my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez