What has the S4 Adapt done to my headphones?

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to android and when I got my S4 I was kinda disappointed at the sound quality of the phone speakers (maybe my expectations were too high). I then saw Adapt and figured when I use headphones it would probably be great. I finally set it up yesterday and the preview that shows you the difference was great, I was excited to test it out. But upon listening to other stuff, I found myself always being distracted by something. I was not sure what, maybe the headphones had cracked (but I was sure not to turn the volume too high per the S4 warning), although, the S4 headphones should support full volume capacity anyways.

The first thing I tried out was some online radio stations via TuneIn, and I thought wow this is crap. I thought Adapt help enchance the sound and with that enchance the flaws of poor quality audio as well. Most of the stations were streaming at 64kbps and some at 128Kbps which is pretty crap quality. Then I tried Spotify via Soundwire (an app that let's you listen via phone what's playing on your desktop) and it didn't sound that good too but my desktop spotify is the free version so the quality isn't at it's best. Then I thought hey! I've got my own 320kbps songs, I should try those. I tried to listen closely and I couldn't tell if the sounds distracting me were cracking sounds, sounds from the drums (i.e crash, high hats, etc) or whether it was all in my head.

I only just started using the headphones yesterday so if it's trashed I'd be really upset. I'm not sure how to identify what's wrong. Does anyone know something that might help. I apologize for the long post.

djmo121

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I used adapt as well and my expensive headphones are broken now, only one side is working. I can't guarantee that adapt was at fault but I always noticed there was a crackling sound between the ending and beginning of the songs.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I used adapt as well and my expensive headphones are broken now, only one side is working. I can't guarantee that adapt was at fault but I always noticed there was a crackling sound between the ending and beginning of the songs.

I think the beeps we don't hear and press no to get amplified which in turn damages the headphones. I've never been able to hear the cymbals that well before this but now it's so clear, but at what cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty