Please help sms issues.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey.

I have been playing around with some SMS replacement apps and have tried Go SMS and Textra, I tried Chomp SMS today but I am having some issues that concern me.

The main issue is that I am NOT receiving sms. I can send them fine and people receive them. but when I am getting sent a text I do not receive anything at all! even though on the friends phone is says delivered.

the other issues is when I send a text with headphones on, when I get the notification sound to say its sent - it pauses my music for a second and the sound coms through the speaker and straight after continues with my music but through the speaker not the headphones for about 5 seconds and then reverts back to my headphones but turned down.

after reading so many good reviews of Chomp I am quite surprised by this.

PLEASE HELP. at least with the first main issue.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey.

I have been playing around with some SMS replacement apps and have tried Go SMS and Textra, I tried Chomp SMS today but I am having some issues that concern me.

The main issue is that I am NOT receiving sms. I can send them fine and people receive them. but when I am getting sent a text I do not receive anything at all! even though on the friends phone is says delivered.

the other issues is when I send a text with headphones on, when I get the notification sound to say its sent - it pauses my music for a second and the sound coms through the speaker and straight after continues with my music but through the speaker not the headphones for about 5 seconds and then reverts back to my headphones but turned down.

after reading so many good reviews of Chomp I am quite surprised by this.

PLEASE HELP. at least with the first main issue.

Are you a former iPhone user, and are the texts in question coming from folks with iPhones? If so, my guess would be that you didn't de-register your phone number with iMessage.

Having not owned an iPhone in the past, I'm not exactly sure of the steps that need to be taken to fix it, however this does seem to be a frequent issue among new converts. Search around the forums here or on Google if you think this may be your problem, and I'm sure you'll find a solution.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you a former iPhone user, and are the texts in question coming from folks with iPhones? If so, my guess would be that you didn't de-register your phone number with iMessage.

Having not owned an iPhone in the past, I'm not exactly sure of the steps that need to be taken to fix it, however this does seem to be a frequent issue among new converts. Search around the forums here or on Google if you think this may be your problem, and I'm sure you'll find a solution.

Yuck Iphone!

haha no I haven't been an Iphone user. so im not sure why this is happening. I am right in thinking Chomp replaces Stock SMS?

all I did was install it like I did with textra but nothing is working.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked with your carrier? Could be a SIM card issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No Need - I uninstalled it and installed textra again and it works fine - but I did try Chomps once again and it doesn't receive messages - how strange? no idea why.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Did you disable the built in Text Messaging app? Been awhile but I think I had problems with it disabled. Chomp must be letting it receive and then intercepting things. Just turn off notification in orig app and set Chomp to be the default when you get the first prompt.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you disable the built in Text Messaging app? Been awhile but I think I had problems with it disabled. Chomp must be letting it receive and then intercepting things. Just turn off notification in orig app and set Chomp to be the default when you get the first prompt.

excellent! thanks for your help. unlike Textra and Go SMS - the Stock messaging app has to be enabled for Chomp to work - also along with the Notification settings in the stock messaging app. how strange is that?

looks like chomp runs of the stock app to actually work.

Thanks again