Tasker - Disable Pattern Lock While at Home

Luke Bordonaro

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
So I have Tasker and Secure Settings. I'm trying to disable my pattern lockscreen while I'm on my home wifi. I have it set up so if I'm on my home wifi, secure settings disables Keyguard. This is not working at all.

Anyone know how to do this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I have Tasker and Secure Settings. I'm trying to disable my pattern lockscreen while I'm on my home wifi. I have it set up so if I'm on my home wifi, secure settings disables Keyguard. This is not working at all.

Anyone know how to do this?

Some of Taskers functions need root access. It is possible that this is one of them.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I remembered Jerry mentioning an app like this so I looked it up:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nhirashima.unlockwithwifitrial&token=_eIG2TJM

Unfortunately, I see the author wrote this in his description:
"Note that only PINs and passwords can be used with UWW in Android 4.0 and above. Patterns and face unlock are not supported. This is because of changes Google made to Android. There's nothing I can do about this."

Luke Bordonaro

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I remembered Jerry mentioning an app like this so I looked it up:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nhirashima.unlockwithwifitrial&token=sbTuO2gt

Unfortunately, I see the author wrote this in his description:
"Note that only PINs and passwords can be used with UWW in Android 4.0 and above. Patterns and face unlock are not supported. This is because of changes Google made to Android. There's nothing I can do about this."

So really my only option is to root or use a PIN password?

blazinazn

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

mouseandcat

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
nex5, cataclysm, tasker 4.2u33, secure settings, rooted

this has been working for me for a while now:
profile: state(wificonnected) > home [choose ssid (add multiple by selecting one after the other or manually input them with a forward slash inbetween: home/work/library; you can also do it by macaddress if you want)

task: "name" > (1) secure settings: configuration-pattern unlock "disabled" (2) secure settings configuration-keyguard disabled/BG

then to turn pattern back on:

profile: invert wificonnect [to tell it what to do if NOT connected to the following networks]
task: (1) secure settings configuration-keyguard enabled (2) secure settings configuration-pattern lock enabled

caveats:
- the ordering of the tasks seems to matter on my phone. with other phones, perhaps you only need to enable/disable keyguard, but i initially set up a bunch of slider shortcuts. maybe if i disabled the slider and only set to pattern, it would work. in any case, play with the ordering of the two if you can't get it to work with the settings i described.

- IMPORTANT: when the screen is off on my phone and i my phone is no longer connected to the wireless networks i specified, to get the phone to re-engage the pattern lock, i have to WAKE THE PHONE FIRST and then turn it back off. tasker + nexus 5, i am unable to do it automatically because while i can use tasker to turn the screen on, i haven't figured out a way to turn it back off automatically.

cyberlolo

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, with Tasker you can turn the screen of with the "block system" action.

Also, you can re-enable automatically your pattern lock with tasker. All you have to do is, when the conditions are met, use secure settings to enable the pattern lock, and then use again Secure Settings with "CPU awake" (1 second is enough) action. Then block system, and your phone will ask you for the pattern when you try to unlock it the very next time.

tsprks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but why can't I just use the Secure Settings->Pattern Lock setting to control this? What is the point of the changing the state of the Keyguard?

Rooted N5, Stock ROM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38