12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    Yes things might of changed for Apple and what they did with the new ios but from what I've used it doesn't do anything compared to android and that is a proven fact. Ios is trying to catch up to us Android people which are over a billion strong

Posted via Android Central App
    09-26-2013 02:10 PM
    Activated my wife's 5s last night,,, gold 32. She is in heaven with it,,, I couldn't wait to be finished . I could never use that toy after using my s4 since release day.

But nothing like having a happy wife!
    But her toy is going to be faster than your toy, and more than likely smoother. Unless you have one of those "lag-free" S4's. And probably a better camera, IMO.
    09-26-2013 02:11 PM
    But her toy is going to be faster than your toy, and more than likely smoother. Unless you have one of those "lag-free" S4's. And probably a better camera, IMO.
    Mine is pretty smooth, especially after the original update,,, Animations at .5,
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-26-2013 02:17 PM
    Mine is pretty smooth, especially after the original update,,, Animations at .5,
    Mine also.
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-26-2013 02:20 PM
    I am glad. You are one of the lucky ones. I have several friends with the S4, and even after the update "fixed" them, they still lag today. That is the reason that I never got one.
    09-26-2013 02:22 PM
    Omg is u gonna be there in person to find out???? I'll take a blue one or a note 3 over that Lil toy that fits my Lil niece fingers just fine lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    09-26-2013 02:28 PM
    I am glad. You are one of the lucky ones. I have several friends with the S4, and even after the update "fixed" them, they still lag today. That is the reason that I never got one.
    Maybe because I don't use the stock dialer or sms. I go with ex dialer and chomp.
    Also, SwiftKey
    09-26-2013 02:30 PM
    Have they done factory resets since the latest firmware update? Many (most) times those updates need a factory reset to really work correctly.
    09-26-2013 02:30 PM
    I sure hope if you guys have an iPhone you didn't fall for that fake waterproof ad.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    09-26-2013 03:00 PM
    Have they done factory resets since the latest firmware update? Many (most) times those updates need a factory reset to really work correctly.
    Yes, they did, according to them. idk.
    09-26-2013 03:55 PM
    Maybe because I don't use the stock dialer or sms. I go with ex dialer and chomp.
    Also, SwiftKey
    From what I have been told, 3rd party launchers, etc. make a lot of difference. I just can't justify that much money, and worry about lag, because I'm sure that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones.
    09-26-2013 03:57 PM
    From what I have been told, 3rd party launchers, etc. make a lot of difference. I just can't justify that much money, and worry about lag, because I'm sure that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones.
    My Ip5 has more lag them the GS4 (I have never had any lag issues with my androids, going way back to the Droid), the IP5 is worse now since updating to IOS7, which by the way, most of the people at our office that upgraded hate it, we all think it is ugly.
    STARGATE and DroidArmy like this.
    09-26-2013 05:39 PM
    My Ip5 has more lag them the GS4 (I have never had any lag issues with my androids, going way back to the Droid), the IP5 is worse now since updating to IOS7, which by the way, most of the people at our office that upgraded hate it, we all think it is ugly.
    This remained me that my nieces and their friends (all teenagers btw) hate the update
    After the update I haven't pay attention to the iPhones my nieces own, so I don't know if they lag.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-26-2013 06:00 PM
    yes but..... you have to download one song or one album at a time. Painful.
    09-26-2013 07:07 PM
    I had an iPhone 5 for about a week in late June and I don't recall it having any lag or other performance issues. ...I just couldn't get accustomed to that teensy weensy little screen after having once owned a Note 2.

from my Sony XTZ
    09-26-2013 07:18 PM
    I had an iPhone 5 for about a week in late June and I don't recall it having any lag or other performance issues. ...I just couldn't get accustomed to that teensy weensy little screen after having once owned a Note 2.

from my Sony XTZ
    Yeah, it is very rare to see lag on an iPhone 5.
    09-26-2013 09:37 PM

from my Sony XTZ
    Yeah, it is very rare to see lag on an iPhone 5.

(I have never had any lag issues with my androids, going way back to the Droid)
    Embellishing a little, aren't you? If not, then you are the only person on the planet that has had a long history of Android phones, with no lag. Lol!
    09-26-2013 09:40 PM

from my Sony XTZ
    I agree with you there, really do not like the small screen. I had hopped Apple would join the rest and have the new phone come with a larger screen. it just feels like their development has just stalled.
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-26-2013 09:43 PM
    I agree with you there, really do not like the small screen. I had hopped Apple would join the rest and have the new phone come with a larger screen. it just feels like their development has just stalled.
    Yea, they need to copy someone else and bring bigger displays. That won't make me buy their phones anyway, but people who want bigger displays on their iphones should be happy.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-26-2013 11:35 PM
    its quite surprising but yes, I seemed to have missed the lag and power connection issues that pop up on a regular basis here.
    09-26-2013 11:45 PM
    My friend has an iPhone 4 and with IOS 7 and it takes me about 5 seconds to do something before it freezes and reboots. I've also seen the thing spaz out before where the whole screen will rotate from portrait to landscape very quickly before rebooting. I've seen similar issues on my friends iPhone 5. I'm rocking a galaxy s3 and I laugh at them when their phone screws up. A lot of them also hate the new look of IOS 7
    09-27-2013 08:13 AM
    Embellishing a little, aren't you? If not, then you are the only person on the planet that has had a long history of Android phones, with no lag. Lol!
    Now you know how we feel when you speak about the iphone!!

....lol!
    09-27-2013 08:46 AM
    This thread has been very entertaining. I'm gonna throw in my tuppence worth regarding lag on Android phones. A lot of people tend to forget to clear the system cache when they do a factory reset. That's what I've found when it comes to the S3. I'll shut up now and get back to munching my popcorn and lurking.......

Sent using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 4

I'm usually on Twitter @Ichi_Bear ;-)
    09-27-2013 09:13 AM
    Now you know how we feel when you speak about the iphone!!

....lol!
    LOL.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-27-2013 10:19 AM
    The problem here is that you have not really used the S4. So, not to be mean, but you can't begin to discuss lag on that device. Again, not to be insulting, but your conclusions seem to be totally based on what some friends told you.

I use IOS 7 and My S4 every day. Both have their annoyances. I have zero lag (zero, as in none, zip, zilch) with either my apple or Android devices. I did take the time to optimize my S4, which is probably why I am "lucky". In the world of tech, I have found that luck usually translates to be willing to take the time to actually learn how to use something.

For me, I like my IOS devices for their elegance, stability, and integration, I think IOS 7 is really pretty and likedit from the moment I upgraded. I am actually typing this post using it!

But, I find the S4 and my Nexus 7 a lot more fun to play with and I have found it much easier to overcome limitations on Android due to the customization.

Both systems also have killer features that I badly miss. I miss iMessage on my S4, and I could barely text without swype on the iPhone. And, the integration with google apps is a bit nicer on Android.

I would not say one OS is clearly superior to the other, but I will stay with my s4.
    STSVA and STARGATE like this.
    09-27-2013 11:08 AM
921 ... 2728293031 ...