S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Charges limited? you can use any android charger and it works. I would recommend the 2 amp chargers. Dock station limited? for keyboards and monitors? there are so many options with bluetooth keyboards and hdmi cables you probably don't need a dock station
Kies,isync? I don't use that. why cables? that's old school like iphones. Load your music to the google music cloud and play anything you want to the google music app. download straight to your phone if you want to.
Google music player works great to play and download music from the music you buy. I exclusively used google music, it works great.
Battery life is great. you must have sync on for every app or something.

Chargers are limited. Most phones don't come with a 2 amp charger and if it's not 2 amps it doesn't really charge just keeps it from dying. I learned this the hard way using my coworkers charger.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

steviecapt

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i personally couldnt care less how good i-phones are , or for that matter any apple product, there all overated, overpriced , if they brought their products in line with other manufacturers products prices i may look at them, until then, im definately not interested.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i personally couldnt care less how good i-phones are , or for that matter any apple product, there all overated, overpriced , if they brought their products in line with other manufacturers products prices i may look at them, until then, im definately not interested.

Others feel that way too. It may be a while before Apple changes it way of doing things. I like Apple computers and am willing to pay a premium for them but I respect those that don't feel that way. As far as iOS? They'd have to change a bit...a lot before I'd turn my back on Android. There's just so much here. Something for everyone. There's raw for the folks that want raw and there's refinement for the folks, like me, that want refinement. There's a choice. Options. I love options.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had every iPhone (for no less than a day, at least), except for the 5s and 5c, and a few android phones (Evo 4G, Razr, Razr Maxx, S3, Note 2, and now, S4). I've not had any defects or problems with any...not even the Evo 4G and that's an HTC phone, if my memory serves me correctly. So I guess I'm either extremely lucky or some kind of freak (maybe a bit of both).

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z

You have good luck. My wife is on her 3rd 4s in two years, son on his 2nd 4s in 2 years, twin daughters both on their 2nd 5 in 1 year.
Buying my wife a 5s next Friday, wonder how many of those she gonna go thru? Me, I only buy Samsung for myself, never had to replace one.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You have good luck. My wife is on her 3rd 4s in two years, son on his 2nd 4s in 2 years, twin daughters both on their 2nd 5 in 1 year.
Buying my wife a 5s next Friday. Me, I only buy Samsung for myself, never had to replace one.

Hmmm...is your family careful with their gear. Keep their phones cased and take pretty good care of them. ...or are they more like my stepdaughter, throws her phone down...doesn't use a screen protector...yadda yadda.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...is your family careful with their gear. Keep their phones cased and take pretty good care of them. ...or are they more like my stepdaughter, throws her phone down...doesn't use a screen protector...yadda yadda.

All power buttons and head phone jacks

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky...we've had a lot of gear in this household and nothing has fallen apart. My stepdaughter did drop her iPad outside and crack the screen, but it still works so I made her live with the crack (since it didn't appear dangerous). We haven't lost any power buttons, or broken any headphone jacks. Knock on wood.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy, but I guess it is what it is. They all have cases and screen protectors. Verizon always switches them out for us so I'm not out any money just the hassle of it.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Buying my wife a 5s next Friday, wonder how many of those she gonna go thru? Me, I only buy Samsung for myself, never had to replace one.

Sounds like they need to take better care of their phones. iPhones just don't normally break with that kind of regularity.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
And neither do Android phones...

I, unfortunately, think there's too many OEMs with Android devices to apply that same perspective. They're not all Samsungs and Motorolas out there. There are some really crappy Android OEMs out there that are not known for the quality of their wares.

Status
Not open for further replies.