Ever since I have had my s4, I have had problems receiving pictures via messaging. Each picture I get comes in a 32 kg. download that I can't even download. When I hit download it says "downloading" but, nothing actually happens; when I turn my screen or scroll the "downloading" (that isn't actually occurring) stops. Another strange thing is that I can see pictures sent to a group normally. All of the pictures sent to groups I have had no issues with. I have searched for similar issues online, but I have had no luck. As far as I know there is no solution. Is this a problem with my phone, is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there a solution to my problem.
    Melinda Drake likes this.
    08-31-2013 11:52 AM
    Ever since I have had my s4, I have had problems receiving pictures via messaging. Each picture I get comes in a 32 kg. download that I can't even download. When I hit download it says "downloading" but, nothing actually happens; when I turn my screen or scroll the "downloading" (that isn't actually occurring) stops. Another strange thing is that I can see pictures sent to a group normally. All of the pictures sent to groups I have had no issues with. I have searched for similar issues online, but I have had no luck. As far as I know there is no solution. Is this a problem with my phone, is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there a solution to my problem.
    Are you sure cellular data is on? It won't download without that, it's a requirement. It might also be your carrier that's causing the issue, which carrier do you use?

Posted by The Android Central app
    08-31-2013 05:17 PM
    11-23-2014 07:17 AM
    11-23-2014 07:22 AM
    Can't risiv pictures
    11-23-2014 07:31 AM
    Turn off your WiFi signal, be sure your mobile data is on, then retry downloading the content.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-23-2014 08:58 AM
    11-23-2014 11:09 AM
    I too had the same issue, so I turned on my mobile data, as well as selected all networks under the data roaming and what do you know it works.
    Hope it works for you too.
    Christwitha likes this.
    12-14-2014 09:49 PM
    11-06-2015 12:02 PM