Iphone move

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
My last hesitation of making the move from iphone is warranty/insurance. AppleCare is top notch and I don't see a great alternative if I make the move.
Thoughts?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I haven't experience anything better then Applecare. But that's pretty much the only thing innovative about Apple products. Other than that it's all the same. You will open yourself to another universe with Android though. Many different devices to choose from.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My last hesitation of making the move from iphone is warranty/insurance. AppleCare is top notch and I don't see a great alternative if I make the move.
Thoughts?

Well dont go root if thats your main concern once you root your warranty is void i dont know just see what your oem and carriers warranty system is

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Well dont go root if thats your main concern once you root your warranty is void i dont know just see what your oem and carriers warranty system is

You can always return back to stock and your carrier won't know the wiser. Some devices have internal counters when using non stock recoveries (ie. Flashing roms) but those can be reset as well.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You can always return back to stock and your carrier won't know the wiser. Some devices have internal counters when using non stock recoveries (ie. Flashing roms) but those can be reset as well.

You have a point but easier said than done you better make a backup of that stock rom then relock the bootloader if you dont jave an ruu

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So I have no plans of rooting..but have serious apprehension about not having a safety net if issues arise. How is the mfr warranty and how is it handled.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't tell you what your experience will be...just what mine has been with the S4. Awesome, trouble-free, great, superlative, etc., etc. Definitely get insurance for piece-of-mind and a case you like. In my experience the S4 is a great product, I've had mine, via AT&T, since the end of June. Even with the feature-laden Go Launcher Prime my S4 cuts through time and space like a hot knife through warm butter.

Sent from my Nexus 7

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't tell you what your experience will be...just what mine has been with the S4. Awesome, trouble-free, great, superlative, etc., etc. Definitely get insurance for piece-of-mind and a case you like. In my experience the S4 is a great product, I've had mine, via AT&T, since the end of June. Even with the feature-laden Go Launcher Prime my S4 cuts through time and space like a hot knife through warm butter.

Sent from my Nexus 7

So this brings up a whole other can of worms. The only downside to the s4 that gives me pause is the claim of having lags....not smooth. All other supposed shortcomings don't worry me. We're these lag issues before subsequent updates? How smooth is your s4 experience?

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So this brings up a whole other can of worms. The only downside to the s4 that gives me pause is the claim of having lags....not smooth. All other supposed shortcomings don't worry me. We're these lag issues before subsequent updates? How smooth is your s4 experience?
I'm on Verizon and mine had a bit of lag with the original firmware. However, since the July firmware update it's been great.

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Speaking from experience, you will not miss the iPhone. I switched to android shortly after the 4s came out. Got caught up in all the hoopla when the iPhone 5 came out. Within two days I was back at an apple store for a refund. Made the short walk to the Verizon store within the same mall and re purchased a note 2 at full retail price. One operating system is for dummies the other is for brainy people...

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
...One operating system is for dummies the other is for brainy people...

Posted via Android Central App

No.

One OS is exceedingly simple and intuitive and one is more complex and flexible.

Let's not unjustifiably assume that we android users are somehow more intelligent than those that prefer iOS.

Sent from my S4/Note 8.0/Nexus 7

JamesBramble

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I switched from a iPhone to a S4 about couple of months ago.

Best move I did. I haven't had any problems with the S4 and this lag people talk about, I've never experienced it.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699