Facebook Wakelock Problem

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
So today I noticed that my battery was draining really fast so I checked Wakelock Detector and saw that Facebook alarm manager had woken my phone up more than 500 times in a few hours. My Facebook notifications are turned off and so is sync.

I can't figure out what could be causing this. I use the app a lot so I don't want to uninstall but it's really killing my battery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
So today I noticed that my battery was draining really fast so I checked Wakelock Detector and saw that Facebook alarm manager had woken my phone up more than 500 times in a few hours. My Facebook notifications are turned off and so is sync.

I can't figure out what could be causing this. I use the app a lot so I don't want to uninstall but it's really killing my battery.

I noticed the same. Tried turning off syncing and it still did it. Uninstalled and reinstalled but never logged in, and it still did it some! Much less than before but still enough to count. Why is it waking up if I'd never logged in?!?

Sent from my DROID MAXX

jtimcampy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Facebook opened 1478 times in 22h40m of battery time, but I still had 50% battery. Facebook has been getting high numbers of wakelock but it doesn't seem to really affect my battery though.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
This problem went away for a day but it's back again today. It hasn't been draining my battery too much but I feel like there's something wrong with the app if it keeps waking up my phone when notifications and sync are off for it

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
You might try restarting the phone. I ran into a wake lock problem with something called msm-camera and restarting was the only way to stop it.

Sent from the tiny keyboard on my S4

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I feel like there's something wrong with the app if it keeps waking up my phone when notifications and sync are off for it
The mobile Facebook app, and especially the Android version, is notoriously bad. They introduce as many bugs as they fix each time. I've just gotten to where I've uninstalled it and just have a link to their mobile site on my home screen instead.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 81334

As you see in this screenshot of Facebook App, there is an option "Refresh Interval" which is 1 hour in my case.

You can try to increase it more to reduce the alarm triggers..

So by turning sync on and having a regular refresh interval it'll decrease the wakelocks? I don't have sync on at all so it shouldn't be triggering anyways right?

Hikmat abdoollayev

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't see relationship between "Sync" and "Refresh interval", My "Sync" option is turned off,,

IMHO "Refresh interval" checks for new messages or events, which wakes up the phone every time.

You could try to set "Refresh interval" for 1 or 2 hours, and see if it reduces the wakelock the next day,,

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't see relationship between "Sync" and "Refresh interval", My "Sync" option is turned off,,

IMHO "Refresh interval" checks for new messages or events, which wakes up the phone every time.

You could try to set "Refresh interval" for 1 or 2 hours, and see if it reduces the wakelock the next day,,

I know what both are. And they're both off. So how would turning refresh on help decrease wakelocks? It shouldn't be waking up the phone to refresh when refresh interval is off.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense, but as far as I can tell the facebook app stays active doing something no matter what you do with its settings. I've noticed, however, that even though it's active "behind the scenes," it doesn't seem to be using much battery except when it's actually got a network (Internet) connection. In other words, it may be something not worth worrying about.

gda12

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having extremely bad time with my new S4's battery. I have already exchanged the device once and these wakelocks are making my experience a nightmare. Last night i charged my phone to 100% and overnight my battery drained to 55%. I have downloaded wakelock detector and clock and Calendar storage are major culprits. Calendar had 1600 wakelock triggers in one night. I am so frustrated right now. I can't find any possible way of dealing with this situation.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having extremely bad time with my new S4's battery. I have already exchanged the device once and these wakelocks are making my experience a nightmare. Last night i charged my phone to 100% and overnight my battery drained to 55%. I have downloaded wakelock detector and clock and Calendar storage are major culprits. Calendar had 1600 wakelock triggers in one night. I am so frustrated right now. I can't find any possible way of dealing with this situation.

I've noticed that a lot of the time services or apps that cause a lot of wakelocks do not actually drain the battery very much. What does the Battery section in your phone's settings tell you is using up your battery overnight in terms of %?

gda12

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Usually by the time I wake up, clock is taking upto 30% of the battrry when I have an alarm set and about 40% is consumed by android os which I suppose is due calendar storage wakelock issue. The problem is if it were some downloaded apps causing wakelocks I could have uninstalled them but how do I deal with stock apps causing wakelocks

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Usually by the time I wake up, clock is taking upto 30% of the battrry when I have an alarm set and about 40% is consumed by android os which I suppose is due calendar storage wakelock issue. The problem is if it were some downloaded apps causing wakelocks I could have uninstalled them but how do I deal with stock apps causing wakelocks

Posted via Android Central App

I'd try to get into the app settings and see what they're up to "behind the scenes," so to speak. See if there are any sync or other settings that would keep them active and whether those settings can be disabled. Also, one of the standard remedies people prescribe for misbehaving apps is to clear the app's cache and data.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Even though I have notifications off and sync to never I still get a badge for notifications so it seems like it checks no matter what.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34