Samsung Galaxy S4 messaging lockscreen notification adds new lockscreen widget panel

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I get a text message, it gives me a big ugly box on my lockscreen to let me know.

This has proved quite problematic because I wish to use the DashClock Widget. I get a nice clean notification in the DaskClock widget of incoming texts, and then the default messaging notification bumps the DashClock widget over and takes the main stage.

The only way to stop it is to turn off notifications all together in the default messaging app, but then I get nothing but the silent reminder from DashClock that I got a text. (Which is only on the lockscreen, nothing shows up in my status bar either since it's been disabled.)

I like the default messaging app, but hate the lockscreen notification it gives me. What apps are similar that would work with DashClock, or some way that I can make this work??

Appreciate any help, thanks for reading!

Posted via Android Central App

Lauren Huffman

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Glowfly seems really nice! Question though--I use Dashclock and would like the SMS Contact Name and icon displaying on the lock screen . I can't figure out the recipe to make this function. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa