Blue Line on my Screen

odela

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I purchased my galaxy s4 (carrier: Sprint) on Sunday (from Radioshack) and this Tuesday a fine, blue, vertical line has appeared on the left side of my display. As soon as it popped up I thought it may be dead pixels but the line does disappear against white backgrounds nor does taking a screenshot show the blue line. As soon as I turn on the phone, the blue line appears and has not gone away since. :-\

Anyone else hear about a similar issue? Who should I call first to have it replaced if it's indeed faulty (Sprint, the Radioshack I bought it from, Samsung)?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

The phone's new. Take it back. If there's even a smidgling of a hint that something may possibly, on planet, in some galaxy, in some universe be wrong with a brand spanking new phone take it back. Heck, if that phone doesn't smell like you want it to after 5 days take it back and exchange it.

Seriously, I wouldn't mess around trying to troubleshoot a brand new device unless you don't have the option to return/exchange it. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of opportunities to troubleshoot your phone.

seanzilla42

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The screen is faulty and the unit needs to be exchanged for another. This is just what happens to such items. As long as there is not evidence of dropping/abuse, etc., you shouldn't have much trouble. However...it IS Radio Shack. By all means, don't let them give you the run-around! Radio Shack has some really screwy policies when it comes to product returns/exchanges. Because their employees are often commission-based, they are reluctant to exchange, return, or refund anything :( . It's a paperwork issue. Not to mention, you will have to essentially bring in a birth certificate for identification (oh, and your marriage license as well if you're female). Best of luck! :)

abdo123

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
ther is this blue thin line roaming across my screen when ever i open another app it shows and starts going up and down why?