Galaxy S4 random sound

12frustrated

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me absolutely nuts. My Samsung Galaxy S4 makes a random sound and I've tried absolutely everything to fix it or at least find out what it is. I've read countless forums to find a cause and It's hard to describe the sound, other than it's like a series of 6 quick clicks. It happens at random times and does it twice after turning on the phone (about 30 seconds after fully powering up phone). It has also happened at random times - when I've been on a phone call, on Pandora, or if the phone is just sitting there doing nothing. There is no rhyme or reason to it - no known notifications, etc. and it's definitely not email or text notifications. There is nothing on the phone that changes or is noticeable when it happens. I've tried changing volumes, preferences in settings, you name it......Everything!!! Could it have something to do with wifi location? The reason I say no to that is because it has happened at home with no change of wifi with the phone just sitting on the desk and there is no specific or consistent time when it happens either. I've tried changing app settings too and I just got the phone so I haven't added any apps yet either.

Please help!! It's not a chime or anything, just some quick clicks like it's trying to notify me of something that does not exist. It has happened during a call too.

Thank you!

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
If it was me I would just reset to factory and reinstall everything. I had an issue where my battery was draining rapidly at idle (like 10% per hour with the screen off). No idea what was causing it. So I full reset reinstalled all the same programs and the problem did not return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

pamben1

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have just had the same problem

how did you solve it, as its driving me insane trying to find the answer

did you have to go to factory resets, if your did does this wipe all your contacts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87