Samsung Galaxy S4 - SLOW native dialer and phone calls app

UriP

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 unlocked device with T-mobile branding.
The device work smoothly except for one issue - it is a nightmare to handle calls.
The native app is extremely slow to load the contacts and once I try to issue a call it takes some 20 seconds to load the call options screen (with the option to end the call, turn on the mic., etc.).
Taking calls can also be long as it takes time until the phone responds.
I tried installing an external dialer app (ex-dialer) which solved the issue of accessing the contacts but still uses the native phone app to make the actual calls and thus doesn't fully solve the issue.
I tried resetting the device to factory settings both through the device and using kies (and made sure I have the latest version) with no luck.
Any advices?
Thanks

UriP

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Issue solved by upgrading from Android 4.2.2 to Android 4.3.
Phone is T-mobile Germany branded, it had the same issues with all non-T-mobile SIM cards.
Once T-mobile released update they have solved the bug that was causing it.

VeroK

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Issue solved by upgrading from Android 4.2.2 to Android 4.3.
Phone is T-mobile Germany branded, it had the same issues with all non-T-mobile SIM cards.
Once T-mobile released update they have solved the bug that was causing it.

The native phone dialer still sucks big time. I'm still looking for an app that can take over. Exdialer is useless. The default dialer takes over as soon as the call gets started.
Samsung sucks.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I had swipe dialer pro. It lets you change colors and everything. I got rid of it because I was out of memory space and had to compromise.

Posted via Android Central App