Best browser?

jmgilliam

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Which browser are you using?

Stock or Chrome or other?

I've been using Chrome but have to say the stock ain't bad. I like the bookmark button on main screen where in Chrome you have to hit the menu button.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Which browser are you using?

Stock or Chrome or other?

I've been using Chrome but have to say the stock ain't bad. I like the bookmark button on main screen where in Chrome you have to hit the menu button.

Unquestionably, Dolphin.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like he Unquestionably is using the wrong one when there are several better choices!

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Since Chrome causes my HTC Sensation 4G's launcher to occasionally crash, on exit, I tried every highly-rated browser in the Play Store. Result: They all sucked in one way or another. So I kept going back to Dolphin. Dolphin, unfortunately, is inconvenient and dog slow. I finally went with Chrome, and just live with the occasional launcher crash.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to try out some of those. I just used chrome because I use it on desktop

While you're at it check out Maxthon browser, it's real nice I like that a lot too. My buddy will only use Naked Browser, check it out. It's not for me at the moment but I can appreciate it's.... nakedness.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
This thread inspired me to download Dolphin browser for the first time in years. I must say that I do like how snappy it is compared to other browsers I use and it has a better render on some sites I use regularly for work.

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm using boat, I tried many others, chrome that i hate, UC, Opera, firefox, dolphin and at least two other that I dont even remember, and I kept boat, fast, easy to use, open every site that I want, there is no remaining process after closing it compared to most of the others.

sent by my Galaxy S4

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, keep in mind, among all these browsers, only Firefox had a completely different core which may be important if you want to be 100 percent private.

It also has a counter part on desktop which allows you to synchronize everything, bookmark, password, history, opened tabs, etc.

@T-Mobile GN3

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, keep in mind, among all these browsers, only Firefox had a completely different core which may be important if you want to be 100 percent private.

It also has a counter part on desktop which allows you to synchronize everything, bookmark, password, history, opened tabs, etc.

@T-Mobile GN3
Sorry, meant to edit the old post, not reply it, lol,
Just wanted to say,
It also has all the add ons, adblock, gesture, etc.

@T-Mobile GN3

jmgilliam

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just an update --

I tried Firefox - liked layout and the screen with all your fav pages, but many pages that go to the mobile version on Chrome go to the Full Site on Firefox. Had to switch to mobile manually. I also found it to be a huge program. Up to 90 mbs really quickly. I like the reader or read pages later option.

I tell you this - the stock browser is pretty darn good too...

Mrteeth

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Tried them all (stock, dolphin, Maxthon, opera, boat, One, Puffin, Chrome, Firefox). I only have two left: Boat and Puffin. Puffin is by far the fastest and it allows Flash support. I did have to purchase the Professional Version. I also like Boat.

As you can see, everyone has their own opinion. There isn't a clear concise winner here or we wouldn't have this topic every other month.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Just an update --

I tried Firefox - liked layout and the screen with all your fav pages, but many pages that go to the mobile version on Chrome go to the Full Site on Firefox. Had to switch to mobile manually. I also found it to be a huge program. Up to 90 mbs really quickly. I like the reader or read pages later option.

I tell you this - the stock browser is pretty darn good too...

ram is for usage! empty ram is bad ram :)

btw, in reading mode, you can switch to white font on pure black background, which saves battery on AMOLED screens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa