Galaxy S4: Equalizer that works over Bluetooth with Google Play Music ?

RedDiamond

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
The built in EQ in Google Play Music works with headphones but not over Bluetooth.

I've tried: Music Volume EQ, Equalizer, Music Equalizer, DSP Manager... Nothing works over bluetooth.

Ideally it would work with Google Play and also Pandora, etc.

PowerAmp Player's EQ works over bluetooth, but I need one that is either system wide, or works with Google Play because I stream most of my audio.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedDiamond

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Equalizer that works over Bluetooth with Google Play Music ?

"AnEq Equalizer" also doesn't work...

Any suggestions for global Eq, or one that at least works with Goog Music over bluetooth??

I have a good bluetooth speaker, but it is heavy on bass and non-music voice audio really needs some mid range boost to make it more clear.
I've searched the forums and found similar threads but no solution yet.

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site

I've had this problem too but no luck yet in acquiring a fix. Mine was working perfectly until the big 4.3 update so I'm convinced it's due to that

RedDiamond

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

I've listened to about 11 different bluetooth speakers and as of Dec 2013 the Bose SoundLink Mini is the best - For Music. However it lacks some mids, and is not so good for speech, such as lectures or talk radio, etc. It needs an EQ to boost the mids and then it would be fantastic. Without an EQ non music speech sounds muddled and a bit unclear.

(FYI, the UE Boom is second choice, lacking the depth & bass that the SoundLink Mini has for music, but good for speech plus has generic USB micro port for charging with the Bose lacks)

Anyway, does anyone have a fix for this?? Any EQ that works system wide or even just for google music over bluetooth? Seems it shouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Gary Crowell

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Music Volume EQ does it, just noticed I got here thru a link and this is for samsung s4, it works on my razr hd though