Replacement phone from AT&T

DroidSteve754

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My screen and digitizer completely failed and wouldn't respond. I took it to the Att service center and they looked at it and could not find any physical damage so they gave me a replacement. I had no way to get my data off the phone without the screen working because of the screen lock. Tried kies and the adb but no luck.

The person helping me ran some utility while it was hooked to a computer and he said it cleared my phone.

My main concern is do I need to do anything to prevent any data being taken like change my Gmail password or should I be Worried? How secure is the screen lock? What will happen to my original phone will it be repaired and given to someone else?

Thanks for the help

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't answer all of your questions and I'm sorry for all the hassle but I think you're probably safe. However, it couldn't hurt to change your Google password just to be safe. If they can repair your phone it may be wiped and then refurbished...and dispensed as such.

DroidSteve754

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Do they assign a new imei number when it is refurbished?

If for some reason the data didn't wipe how safe us the screen lock

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's a good question and I recall someone from AT&T telling me they HAVE to give it a new IMEI when its refurbished.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38