Sent messages not appearing

ac3662

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Recently I have been unable to see the messages I have sent to my contacts. The messages send, but they do not show up in my conversations. This has happened in both the stock messaging app and Hangouts. Also, the date listed on the texts I receive is two days ahead from today, even though my date and time is set to automatic.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this before when using third party apps to send messages, but you said this is happening in the messaging app too? Not too sure. Are the "missing" messages showing under your log? In the dialer app the phone log should include phone calls and SMS messages. If you don't see the missing messages there either, then maybe some third party app is intercepting your messages. Even if it's not an app for SMS, have you installed or updated any apps recently? Maybe one with SMS permissions? If the missing messages are showing in the call log but don't show in the messaging app then I really don't know. Maybe you're auto deleting each one? Check under your SMS settings to see if auto delete is turned on.

ac3662

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't see any texts in my log, and auto delete is off. However I believe it has something to do with my clock. The texts I receive are listed as two days ahead of today's date, with my clock set to my automatic. When I set my clock ahead of January 29th, I can see the texts I send.

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's the phone of the person you are texting. Try asking them if their phone's time settings are off. Maybe he or she changed their time settings so it appears to your phone as though each text from that person is coming from the future. Is this issue unique to a single contact?

ac3662

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It seems like some apps are working two days ahead of the clock that I have set on my phone under time and date.