Galaxy S4: Touchwiz problems after KitKat update

jsice9

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Just updated to kit kat and now Touchwiz comes up every time I press the home button I uninstalled the Google search update but it didn't work. The only way I can stop this is by completely disabled Google search. Has anyone else have this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touchwiz problems after kit kat update

Did select always for TouchWiz when the option came up? If so just do a factory reset and it should fix any issues you have.

Season Bain

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I updated my note 2 touchwiz home keeps stopping...I can't add anymore apps or widgets to my home screens nor can I swipe between the screens without the touchwiz box popping up and causing everything to stop

Just updated to kit kat and now Touchwiz comes up every time I press the home button I uninstalled the Google search update but it didn't work. The only way I can stop this is by completely disabled Google search. Has anyone else have this issue?

annalimmm

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
the message kept popping up and i was unable to access my home screen too. basically, i was not able to do anything with this phone. I just did a hard reset and then a factory reset. it's working now. hopefully you've already backed up all the data on your phone because obviously, factory reset will wipe out everything.

Daniel Toedt

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
any one with a note 3 and recently have issues with it flipping through screens back and forth? opening up apps like messenger or setting and turning thing on and off in the setting app, or typing random characters in messenger, openig to different recipents then closing and so on so forth i mean this is the second time its happened in the past 2 days and im quite fed up, its a 750$ piece if equipment and im about to freak out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez