Galaxy S4 wont detect charger

timberchopper

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had my galaxy s4 for about 6 months now and it worked perfectly until the other day. I left my phone charging overnight to go get it the next morning and finding it had only charged to like 40% and wasnt charging anymore nor detecting the charger. I tried disconecting it and conecting it but it just wouldn't detect charger. I took the battery out and put it back in but it didnt do anything. I let the battery run dry and conected it again, and it started charging, but when I disconected it and conected it again it wouldnt detect it. Yesterday, with the battery dry, I connected it and it detected the charger. I left it overnight and in the morning it had not charged, I tried with a different outlet and it charged to 70%, then stopped detecting it and I have been trying to conect it to different outlets and still nothing. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

champr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Try a different cable. I have had to replace my cable because a wire at the connector was intermittent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue last night. I plugged in my phone and suddenly it said that I had to use the "original charger" for the phone! My friend just had that happen to him this morning too. That is EXTREMELY weird that it happened so close together. I did wind up using a different charger but this is just a strange coincidence.

timberchopper

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
The problem is not with the charger, since I tried with different chargers. I now noticed it always charges when I plug it in a socket, but the phone says it's not charging. Also, when I plug it to the computer, neither the computer nor the phone detect the connection.