Galaxy S4 Brightness Slider Gone from Notification Bar?

badinplaid

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday the brightness slider randomly disappeared from the notification bar while the device was at about a 90% charge, with power saving mode off.

I have done all of the following multiple times, to no avail:

-Toggled the checkbox in Settings.
-Restarted the device.
-Removed the battery for extended periods.

I am guessing that one solution would be to hard reboot the device, but I am hoping to find a solution for this issue without having to do so.
The notification bar looks like this:

unnamed.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you have this ticked?

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Attachments

• 2014-07-06-21-29-28.jpg
    2014-07-06-21-29-28.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 35

badinplaid

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I was actually able to get it back without resetting, but it was a strange, accidental, round-about fix. I ran the app "Night Mode," which normally disables the slider and replaces it with a button that says "Night Mode." When I quit the app, the slider came back. Very weird.

Kanz McGillicuddy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any "night mode" app, but I just lost the brightness slider, too. I tried the same things. It's currently marked to show and it looks like your picture above.
I don't know what to do :-/

csonic

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this post!

Exact same thing happened to me while using the program Night Mode (it's a really nice app). So I turned the app on and then off. Slider came back = Happy!

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any "night mode" app, but I just lost the brightness slider, too. I tried the same things. It's currently marked to show and it looks like your picture above.
I don't know what to do :-/

I had the same issue. I downloaded the app Night Mode, started it, stopped it and the slider was back where it used to be. I then uninstalled the app and the slider is still there. Sooo weird..

Auntie Stina

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
It was magic. I had the same thing happen to me a few hours ago and then I found this thread. I found and downloaded that App, and BAM, it worked!
Thank you for helping the rest of us all out! :)

jamesautodude

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
It was magic. I had the same thing happen to me a few hours ago and then I found this thread. I found and downloaded that App, and BAM, it worked!
Thank you for helping the rest of us all out! :)

For me, it happened to be a stupid launcher I installed. When I would disable their notification through their settings, it would hide the slider.

So what I ended up doing is turning on their notifications (bringing back their stupid quick toggler), and then held that notification... Clicked "app info"... And then disabled notifications from the launcher.

So now, I get an amazing launcher, have my brightness slider, but no stupid notification toggler lol.

Last edited:

Alin SGS4

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
YESS, ON MY S4 WORKED :D install, on/off the app "Night mode" and the slider re-appeared :D thanks guy. ;) I write on this forum only for thanks you. Have a good day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana