Screen "separating", anyone have any luck getting this replaced?

SlickSpur

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The glass seems to be separating from the phone. I assume it's the adhesive that holds it in place. I'm not quite sure what caused this. I took it to the Sprint store and tried my best to get them to replace it, but they said it is a Samsung issue and not theirs. I talked with Samsung and sent them pictures but they said they would need me to send the phone in, which could take 3 weeks to get back!!! Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't pay for insurance for the phone. I'd rather not take it to a place to have the screen fixed for something that I don't believe is my fault...

13962840907580.jpg

gygegetu.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that does seem like it needs the screen glass replaced. You can opt to do it yourself, get it to a repair shop, or let Samsung replace it under Warranty, but that WILL take time unless you have a certified Samsung service center nearby. In the latter case, you can usually take it to them and, if they acknowledge the fault under warranty, they can replace it quickly if the part is available or have you keep the phone while the part is ordered and shipped to them.

Just to make sure... you're not using any kind of screen protector or thin film, are you? Something that might be peeling off...

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
1st shot looks like screen protector peeling....

When Samsung SA replaced my screen glass, I was able to wait in the repair centre. 20 minute job.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
1st shot looks like screen protector peeling....

When Samsung SA replaced my screen glass, I was able to wait in the repair centre. 20 minute job.
Yeah, but not all cities have a one of those, and that's why a lot of people have to ship their beloved phones somewhere else :(

Kaleb null

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
The glass seems to be separating from the phone. I assume it's the adhesive that holds it in place. I'm not quite sure what caused this. I took it to the Sprint store and tried my best to get them to replace it, but they said it is a Samsung issue and not theirs. I talked with Samsung and sent them pictures but they said they would need me to send the phone in, which could take 3 weeks to get back!!! Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't pay for insurance for the phone. I'd rather not take it to a place to have the screen fixed for something that I don't believe is my fault...

View attachment 136788

View attachment 136789

Any luck figuring this out? My started doing a similar thing..

https://gyazo.com/52d8be678f01b140c5d488213cef4547

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
First shot and second shot look like two different phones. Not accusing SlickSpur of anything.. but look at the screen glass unded the button. In image 1 the screen is bubbling under the button, in image 2 there is no bubbling present under the button. Just an observation.

Anyway, is the phone still working fine with this bubbling? I mean, touch response ok? I hope none of you are putting the phone in a tight pants pocket.

pacoinurreta

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I found this searching on Google and I have the same thing happening to my LG G4. I guess it is due to humidity. Mine is far worse than this at the top and bottom of the phone.

This photo was taken like a month ago. It is way bigger now.

IMG_20160905_113537.jpg

Eugene Mallard

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I purchased my note 5 in February of this year... Now in September the top left corner has a bubble that's spreading... Went to At&t they say they are not under warranty as of two weeks ago... They sent me to Samsung to see if they would honor it and they say I abused the phone and sent it back... Mind you I sent them a working phone they send me back a phone that doesn't work at all have been without my phone for 2 months in their care,now when I bet it back its bubbling on the bottom left corner now... So I wanna know how is this abuse if its it Samsung possession.... They are not honoring anything I always been with them since S4. Now I think in looking to the I phone I don't hear things lime this from them

Eugene Mallard

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I sent my phone to Samsung 3 times already they say they aren't honoring any out of warranty devices anymore since the Note 7 is blowing up....I sent the phone in working just wanted them to repair the screen now the phone doesn't work at all I have a black screen and have to pay 120 to get a new phone but scared to be use of the same pro lam may happen