I removed my SD card and put it back in, but the pictures won't show up in my gallery! Why aren't they showing up on my gallery?

Madeline Strong

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I removed my SD card and put it back in, but the pictures won't show up in my gallery!

I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 and usually in my gallery there is two "camera" albums. I believe one is photos taken in an app other than my camer and the other is apps taken with my camera. I have been having trouble deleting pictures so I removed my SD card to delete some which worked. But when I put my SD card back in, my second "camera" album won't show up with all the pictures I've taken on my camera and I need those pictures. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I removed my SD card and put it back in, but the pictures won't show up in my gallery!

Welcome to Android Central! Before you removed the card, did you Unmount first in Settings>Storage? If you remove a care without unmounting first, there's a risk of corruption.

Use MyFiles or some other file manager app to look at the microSD card's /DCIM/Camera directory--do you see the photos there?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I removed my SD card and put it back in, but the pictures won't show up in my gallery!

The reason there are two camera "albums" is because there are two camera folders, and the album name is the name of the folder the pictures are in. If doesn't matter which app took the pictures, it matters where it stored them.

DCIM/Camera is normally the internal storage for shots taken with the camera (since DCIM stands for Digital Camera IMages), but you can set many apps to save to anywhere you like, and if you create folders in different places with the same name, you'll see two "albums" with the same name.

Put the SD card into an adapter (after unmounting it, of course - I usually turn the phone off to make sure) and plug the adapter into your desktop or laptop, and see if your pictures are there. If they are, putting the card back into the phone (and turning it on if you turned it off) should show them in the phone.

kubis

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I challenge the same problem. After I put the SD card back the CAMERA folder in the Gallery has disappeared. I used the files manager in order to look for my pictures. There is some subfolder µAMERA folder in DCIM where my pictures are. But there is not possible to open/show any picture. Does anybody know how to fix the problem, please?

kubis

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site

(sorry can't delete)

Last edited:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Always UNMOUNT the SD card before removal. After you reinsert the card be sure the phone shows it there. Some apps require a RESTART before it will find the pictures!
I had some files with the small u in front of the file name. Never found out how to correct this. I had to copy all the good files off of the card and format the card to get these files off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capcut pro apk download