How can I get around the pin on a Samsung Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

How can I get around the pin on a Samsung Galaxy S4

My daughter entered the pattern on her S4(actually her little sister did) incorrectly so it is now prompting for a PIN - she said she knew it was but it is telling her it is incorrect and if she enters the wrong PIN 10 times the system will do a factory reset. She has one try left. She didn't back up her pictures so that is main thing she wants to save. I have read that the system should ask for her gmail account/password which she has but I can't find a way to enter that anywhere. I went to the android device manager and was able to go through the lock option but it comes back and tells me the password won't be needed as the device is locked already. Any idea how I can get it unlocked with her gmail account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I get around the pin on a Samsung Galaxy S4

Welcome to Android Central! One of our other Ambassadors, Almeuit, has suggested turning off 2-factor authentication for the Google account (do it on your computer browser), then trying again with Android Device Manager. But if that doesn't work, you might not have any other option.